Vows renewal

Travelbug 2

My DW and I will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniv' on board Sapphire Princess in a few weeks.

I am mulling over surprising her with the renewal of vows package. Has anyone done this, is it worth the $204 charge? I think it seems like a very nice thing to do for our golden wedding. We are not big party people and do not want a big fuss.

Comments will be appreciated.

We did the renewal of vows on the 8/15/08 Caribbean Princess cruise. It was wonderful! Ours was done on the first formal night. In my opinion, it was definitely worth the $205 charge.

I also surprised my hubby for our 24th anniversary. He had no idea and was pleasantly surprised and shocked that I was able to plan this without him knowing anything.

Your 50th anniversary only comes once and I think she will be elated.

We surprised my parents on the Island Princess for their 60th and it was

wonderful. It was just my parents, my husband and I and our two children

and their spouses. Very nice -well worth the money and a great memory.

Do It.:)

My dh and I renewed our vows on the CB in July for our 30th. It was a lovely ceremony, they sent a bottle champagne to our room with souvenir glasses. They took a lot of photos (one was free with a very nice frame) and I had a beautiful bouquet made of white orchids that lasted the entire week of the cruise. After marrying my oldest daughter off in December, her bouquet which was not as nice as what princess gave me cost more than the 205 for the ceremony. Go for it you won't regret it ! :D

i did it in 2002 on the golden princess, it was brilliant ,well worth the money. Back then it only cost us 65 pounds which is about 120 -140 dollars now but with the cost of living you can expect it to go up but what i got , i would have paid about 500 pounds in the uk for , so take advantage of it.

cat

My wife and I did this last November to celebrate our 35th and it was definitely worth it. We felt a little out of place as there were 2 other couples who did this the same night because they both had family and friends to help celebrate, while it was just the two of us. The Princess Staff went out of their way to make this very special for us and it was.

I tried to make this a surprise for my wife, but I just can't keep a secret an ended up telling her before we sailed.

You won't regret spending the money.

A big thank you for all your comments.

It looks as though this is something that will provide lasting memories. As we do not drink champagne, I will enquire if they will substitute equivalent value with white wine, it should not be much of a problem, a phone call next week is on the agenda.

Thanks again.

Hi TravelBug,

Good to "see" you here on the general boards as well as the Sapphire RollCall board.

Once again, congratulations on the 50th and YES, by all means do the renewal package. We did it 5 years ago for our 20th and it was very memorable. A representative should be assigned to help coordinate any special touches you want so I'd imagine a wine-champagne swap could be arranged. Ours took the dozen huge roses I got for Jackie from our cabin to the chapel, then to our dinner table and finally back to the cabin again.

Our captain was very friendly and they will perform a nice ceremony using their "standard" vows if you don't have your own special ones prepared...

See you on the 20th after the muster!

Paul & Jackie

My DW and I will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniv' on board Sapphire Princess in a few weeks.

I am mulling over surprising her with the renewal of vows package. Has anyone done this, is it worth the $204 charge? I think it seems like a very nice thing to do for our golden wedding. We are not big party people and do not want a big fuss.

Comments will be appreciated.

I think any woman would be absolutely touched to her soul if her husband arranged this. Please do, and congratulations!

Tee

Archived