Legend Supper Club

3Rivers

Carnival mentions a "nominal fee" for dining in the supper club. Do you know how much this is and is the food significantly better in the supper club? Does anyone dine in the supper club every night as opposed to the main dining room?

The charge is 30.00 per person for the Supper Club.

YES we have found the food and the atmosphere to be OUTSTANDING!!! I am sure there are some that have dined there very night - but we go once so that it stays "special".

When the search is working...there are some great pictures of food from the Supper Clubs posted on the board.

Enjoy :)

I would compare the food to Ruth Chris' Steak House. It is VERY good. Yes, I do know of people who chose to eat there every night. Personally, I enjoy the dining room as well. So, I only dine in the specialty restaurants one night.

The charge is 30.00 per person for the Supper Club.

YES we have found the food and the atmosphere to be OUTSTANDING!!! I am sure there are some that have dined there very night - but we go once so that it stays "special".

When the search is working...there are some great pictures of food from the Supper Clubs posted on the board.

Enjoy :)

Thanks. I wouldn't necessarily call 30/pp nominal. What about the tip. Are tips in the specialty restaurants part of the $10 per day or do we leave cash based on the bill?

No, the $30.00 you pay technically covers the tips. However, there is a wine steward that of course expects a tip, and if the service if really out of this world, then you may want to tip the servers extra.

I used to think like you, that $30/pp seemed unreasonable until I ate, thanks to the Las Vegas Visitors and Convention Bureau, at Donovan's La Jolla, which is on par with Ruth Chris. Wow, what an experience, and I didn't have to pay for it.

The Supper Club is the same experience at $30/plate vs $75 and up in one of the land establishments. Now I make sure and hit the Supper Club each cruise, because I won't spend that money at home.

A money saving tip I can give you if you like wine with dinner. The Supper Club has a different wine list than the dining room. More expensive! If you have found a wine in the dining room that you like, memorize the bin number. They can bring you that same wine in the Supper Club and you will save a minimum of $10 or more per bottle.

We love the food, and love the whole experience, but I wouldn't pay $30pp just for the food -- I don't think the food itself is that much better than the dining room. What makes it worthwhile to us is the excellent service, the tasteful atmosphere, the music and the dancing. If that stuff doesn't mean much to you, I think you might be disappointed and feel you've wasted your money.

DW and I went to the supper club on both the Liberty and the Legend and had a great time. Both were well worth the $30 price tag and you should try it at least once.

Like an earlier poster, we only go once per cruise to keep it special. We celebrated our 19th anniversary aboard the Legend last year and spent the evening in the supper club. We are going on the Imagination for our 20th and are disappointed there is no supper club on board ship.

Be prepared to spend at least 2 hrs for dinner. The service was excellent, the food was awesome and the music was worth listening to. I brought a bottle of champange on board and had it opened in the club. They charged a $14 corkage fee but, the pursers desk reveresed the charge when they found out it was our anniversary. Not sure they do that all the time or if the Purser was just in a good mood.

The $30 fee is for the meal and a 15% gratuity will be automatically added to the bill. You are not required to leave an additional tip but the service compares to any 5 star and we generally do leave a little extra. Our last waitress was from Thailand and having spent a year and a half there, we gossiped about her home (less than 30 minutes from where I was) and I felt good leaving a little something extra.

I have an album of pictures on webshots (see the link below my signature). Look for Carnival Leged - Supper Club.

Hope you enjoy the club as much as we do!

DW and I went to the supper club on both the Liberty and the Legend and had a great time. Both were well worth the $30 price tag and you should try it at least once.

Like an earlier poster, we only go once per cruise to keep it special. We celebrated our 19th anniversary aboard the Legend last year and spent the evening in the supper club. We are going on the Imagination for our 20th and are disappointed there is no supper club on board ship.

Be prepared to spend at least 2 hrs for dinner. The service was excellent, the food was awesome and the music was worth listening to. I brought a bottle of champange on board and had it opened in the club. They charged a $14 corkage fee but, the pursers desk reveresed the charge when they found out it was our anniversary. Not sure they do that all the time or if the Purser was just in a good mood.

The $30 fee is for the meal and a 15% gratuity will be automatically added to the bill. You are not required to leave an additional tip but the service compares to any 5 star and we generally do leave a little extra. Our last waitress was from Thailand and having spent a year and a half there, we gossiped about her home (less than 30 minutes from where I was) and I felt good leaving a little something extra.

I have an album of pictures on webshots (see the link below my signature). Look for Carnival Leged - Supper Club.

:confused:

Is this new? We've always written in an additional gratuity, but I'm almost sure the bill only includes $30pp. In fact, the $30pp is itself considered a gratuity, though I've never been sure why they term it that way, or what the implications of that are. Must be a tax thing....

Can anyone corroborate this? Anyone else had 15% automatically added to the $30pp?

With the service you can expect to get (and you WILL get) in the Legend's $ 30 pp restaurant.......you should tip in the 20% range.

For $ 100 bill, e.g., you should tip at least $ 20.

The meals and the way you are waited on....and be aware you also get to enjoy live music (and dancing if you wish)......this is the biggest bargain on the sea !

Just be sure you start out hungry ! Oh, and one other note: We did the supper club in 2005 and 2008.......the lobster USED TO BE Maine lobster tail......unfortunately it is now Caribbean......no where near as good. All other entrees are excellent.

Bon Voyage ! The Legend is the best !

Can anyone confirm this bit about the automatic 15% on top of the $30pp charge? I don't remember this from the three specialty restaurant evenings I've had. Is it new?

Can anyone confirm this bit about the automatic 15% on top of the $30pp charge? I don't remember this from the three specialty restaurant evenings I've had. Is it new?

On the Miracle in June there was no tip added onto the $30 pp cost.

When we went in June there was no gratuity added to the bill. But, we left one anyway.

The Supper Club is for all ages, but you still have to pay $30 pp regardless of the child's age.

The dinner takes 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We never take our teens because they don't want to sit that long and would rather be doing other things.

You know your children best and can decide if you should take them or not.

The Supper Club is for all ages, but you still have to pay $30 pp regardless of the child's age.

The dinner takes 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We never take our teens because they don't want to sit that long and would rather be doing other things.

You know your children best and can decide if you should take them or not.

Thanks for the info, Kathy! ;)

:confused:

Is this new? We've always written in an additional gratuity, but I'm almost sure the bill only includes $30pp. In fact, the $30pp is itself considered a gratuity, though I've never been sure why they term it that way, or what the implications of that are. Must be a tax thing....

Can anyone corroborate this? Anyone else had 15% automatically added to the $30pp?

Yes you are correct. THe bill with no wine, etc is only 30.00 and does include the tip. We always add extra for great service.

We've also eaten in the Supper clubs on the Legend and the Liberty. My Dh enjoyed both but thought the Liberty was better.

UnclePat, shame I think you should have protested those charges. I think your gratituty is entirely up to you.

It was on my bill. Shows $60 in the "Sales Amt" column and $21 under "Gratuity", $9 they added and the $12 (20%) extra I left.

Weird, we've been to the SCs on Legend and Miracle, and didn't get that extra charge on either. Though we did write in extra and give cash to the musicians.

if the supper club takes 2 -2 2.5 hrs, how long does the main dining room usually take? We plan to hot the supper club this Thursday. I emailed my reservation but never heard back.

Sometimes you get a confirmation to your email reservation and sometimes you don't.

The day you get on the ship there should be someone from the Supper Club taking reservations for the week. Check with them to see if they received your reservation. If they didn't you can make one at that time. Usually if you do it the first day you have a choice of days and times.

if the supper club takes 2 -2 2.5 hrs, how long does the main dining room usually take? We plan to hot the supper club this Thursday. I emailed my reservation but never heard back.

You won't get a confirmation necessarily. I reserved for 2 different nights on the Miracle last May & never rec'd a confirmation. But the day we boarded I checked with Nick and Nora's and they did, indeed, have our reservations. The day of your dinner you'll receive a little note in your cabin.

Archived