Greedy in the dining room ?

You can order whatever you like. My DH usually orders multiples of anything that involves shrimp. I've been known to order "the dessert combo" and swear I'm only going to taste each one. Yea, right. ;)

LOL!

Cheers for your help - I'll order several. :o

I want my moneys worth of food. :p

BTW is the same with room service ? There are two of us in our cabin - could we order like 4 course ? LOL ( Painting a really good picture of me here aren't I?! I joke , I have a bottom less pit and a stomach that never seems to grow!)

I am a dessert lover. Sometimes I would just like to get dessert, and I do. I have had two desserts many many times. Sometimes I share :rolleyes: Sometimes I leave some on the plant. Sometimes I just have to have three desserts. They are just so good.:o

Maybe a bit of an odd question.

For example - There are two desserts you really want - could you order both? For yourself? :o Anyone had experiences where they or table mates have done this?!

Any replies muchly appreciated.

Funny, this happened to me with the escargot. I had to call off the waiter on the 3rd one..told him any more and im gonna need a shell of my own.

Hey Ste, you will have a great time on the Liberty..... you do know what you are starting dont you :D , cruising is soooooo addictive :)

Mo

I'm sooooo excited about it! Off to Orlando next May and unsure wether to do a 3 day Bahama with RCCL, seeing how I like the LOS , then I may book it whilst onboard.. Or if not RCCL , it would be Carnival.

BTW I assure you all , there would be no waste. One of my biggest pet hates if I go out to eat.. people wasting food! Same at home really.

On our last cruise we had 4 19-20 year boys(one was mine) the waiter was bringing a couple of everything on the menu for them to "sample" and there wasn't a crumb left over. He was getting a kick watching the bottom less pits enjoy everything.

I'm a lover of escargot.........and have been known to ask my waiter for a standing one order for an appitizer for every evening of the cruise.

Actually, a few years back, on a couple of cruises, I would ask for 2 orders of escargot.........and they arrived...very tasty!! :D :)

I stopped this about a year ago, when they changed they way that they make the sauce, it's not nearly as good as before.

But this is a thread about being able to order more.......not the quality or taste of anything!!:rolleyes: ;)

Rick

For example - There are two desserts you really want - could you order both? For yourself? :o Anyone had experiences where they or table mates have done this?!

Why would you want two desserts - even if you liked the look of them both. Just choose one or the other:confused:

On every cruise I've been on, the waiter didn't even give you time to request more than one of something, or even seconds for that matter. The waiter would always offer to bring both if you couldn't make your mind up, or if he could tell you really enjoyed the first one. I always ended up declining because I couldn't eat that much, but it was always nice to have that option without having to ask for it.

I've been undecided on dessert choices and told the waiter to surprise me---so he brought one of everything!!!! The bad thing--I ate them all (or at least, most of them!!!)) What a little piggy I was!

You may have what you wish!

:D I didn't know you were only suppose to get just one!!:D I have only been on 5 cruises. All five times it was our waiter that suggested trying more than 1 dessert. I mean how can you decide between chocolate and cheesecake!! I have never seen any one say anything about people ordering two entrees or desserts. Your on a cruise - enjoy.

Dorset Cruiser

You ARE joking, right??:confused: :D

No - I think everyone eats too much on these cruises:D :p :D Actually, I have often thought of ordering more than one dessert but a picture of my father's disapproving face at childhood dinner tables always puts me off:(

On our last cruise we had 4 19-20 year boys(one was mine) the waiter was bringing a couple of everything on the menu for them to "sample" and there wasn't a crumb left over. He was getting a kick watching the bottom less pits enjoy everything.

We had 4 boys in the same age group on our last cruise. They each ordered 3 or 4 appetizers and 2-3 desserts. They ate every bit! I think our waiter really had fun serving them because they were so clearly enjoying their meals. We did tip quite a bit extra because of the extra effort but I think it would be fine if you chose not to. This is one of the reasons we cruise...how in the world could we afford to feed them on a traditional vacation?

You can always order something different than your travelling companion and share. That way you get to try more than one and still only have one portion total.

I like to save room for something special from the Promenade Cafe before retiring.

I guess I come from a time & family where we didn't waste a thing - and even today we don't. Talking to a waiter on our last cruise about the waste & he said during his first week or so he was sickened by the amount of food being thrown out at the buffet but had gotten to accept it. :rolleyes:

Archived