Newbie needs help...

CruisinJazz

My husband and I are booked for our first cruise on the Carnival Victory Sept 2009 on a Southern Caribbean Cruise. Anyways, we booked with a large group for a 8A Balcony GTY cabin. I'm trying to figure out how to read the deck plans...I'm lost. LOL Which level of the ship is 8A Balcony GTY? When looking at pictures of the ship is this the level right above the lifeboats?

Thanks!

My husband and I are booked for our first cruise on the Carnival Victory Sept 2009 on a Southern Caribbean Cruise. Anyways, we booked with a large group for a 8A Balcony GTY cabin. I'm trying to figure out how to read the deck plans...I'm lost. LOL Which level of the ship is 8A Balcony GTY? When looking at pictures of the ship is this the level right above the lifeboats?

Thanks!

Deck 6.. Upper deck are 8A.. you are guaranteed a balcony there.. or if the upgrade fairy visits on a higher deck.. next deck up would be 8B Empress and so on.. ;)

Well then I have a heck of a wait now don't I?! LOL

yes you do ...LOL

but balcony cabins have been getting better upgrades then ocean views on the Triumph Class ships

Oceanviews can only upgrade one floor under the old upgrade plan;)

I had booked with my group on the triumph whhich is same class as the Victory ship

and I chose Oceanview , which is only 2 floors available

all the insides and balcony cabins got upgraded several floors...LOL

and I am way down there ...

so heads up

balconies are great to get !!

Well then I have a heck of a wait now don't I?! LOL

LOL.. my advice is to read read read and read some more on CC.. you will find everything you need to know and more.. and for those you can't find.. you can ask.. time will fly.. ;)

What is an upgrade? Higher deck but still with balcony? We definitely want a balcony! :)

Yes it is.. as I mentioned in my first post you will definitely get an 8A balcony with a gty.. but the upgrade fairy may or may not come ..if she does then you will have a balcony on a higher deck.;)

Archived