Carnival Sensation E147

dtownjbrown

I booked my first cruise a couple days ago. I qualified for an Ohio Resident discount so I was able to get a "6D" cabin at the price I was originally quoted (no upgrades offered as of yet though).....so I took E147. According to the diagram of the ship's layout, it looks like this room is directly below the galley but Im not sure what a galley is exactly. It's about 6 or 7 rooms down from the elevator and a good 30+ rooms down from the very back of the ship. As a first time cruiser, Im concerned about seasickness (since Im not sure if Im proned to it). Does anyone have any experience with this room or suggestions for a "better" room on a different deck? Thanks ;)

I booked my first cruise a couple days ago. I qualified for an Ohio Resident discount so I was able to get a "6D" cabin at the price I was originally quoted (no upgrades offered as of yet though).....so I took E147. According to the diagram of the ship's layout, it looks like this room is directly below the galley but Im not sure what a galley is exactly. It's about 6 or 7 rooms down from the elevator and a good 30+ rooms down from the very back of the ship. As a first time cruiser, Im concerned about seasickness (since Im not sure if Im proned to it). Does anyone have any experience with this room or suggestions for a "better" room on a different deck? Thanks ;)

E-147 looks to be about 250' or more from the back of the ship a good position if you get the mal-de-mer. I have never heard much noise from above in this area, that said I like to be between passenger decks just to make sure . On some ships the worst is right under the pool deck, jogging track ,scraping and clunking all night.What date?

December 14th out of Orlando on a 4-day Bahama Cruise....Im really excited :D

Great time of year(cooler)and good pick.The ship is in port all nite should have no trouble getting back in time.Just a reminder like anywhere you go do not get isolated or on back streets after dark.There are many suggestions for things to do in the destination link under Bahamas. I always ride down to Cable beach mostly for the scenery along the way. Have a great time.We will be on the 12/7 sailing.

wow, Key you seem very knowledgable about ships any info on the Elation M194 and 196... Its my very own surprise BD gift :) 12/22 we set sail

I would say they are perfect. Straight up to the Lido,close to an elevator.

I booked my first cruise a couple days ago. I qualified for an Ohio Resident discount so I was able to get a "6D" cabin at the price I was originally quoted (no upgrades offered as of yet though).....so I took E147.

OMG - I just got my room discounted even further!!!:eek: On a whim, I went to the carnival.com website to see what other rooms might be available on this deck and the 6D category was showing $70 cheaper than what I booked it at four days ago (counting my Ohio resident discount, of course). I phoned my PVP by phone to see if she could honor the lower rate for me but wasnt able to reach here. Luckily, I just recently read somewhere on this forum that you can modify your own bookings if you sign up for an online user account (which I did with the quickness). It took a little manuevering but I was even able to keep the same room. After all of that, Im am now in an oceanview room on the highest possible deck (category: 6D) for less than $250 per person. This is my first cruise so I dont know much but is that sure seems like a helluva deal to me !!!:D

I would move down one deck--- or go to another cabin to the other side of the aft elevator-- staying under the dining room instead. (its carpeted)

Being under the galley--which is the kitchen prep area-you will hear rolling carts etc all through the night and especially early in the am.

(the 70.00 you saw that its cheaper--- did the rate include fuel surcharges?)

I would move down one deck--- or go to another cabin to the other side of the aft elevator-- staying under the dining room instead (its carpeted). Being under the galley--which is the kitchen prep area-you will hear rolling carts etc all through the night and especially early in the am. (the 70.00 you saw that its cheaper--- did the rate include fuel surcharges?)

Thanks for the suggestion (I was wondering what a "galley" was). I checked the Upper deck which is one deck lower and the only thing available is in extreme back of the ship (the back row to be exact). Someone advised, in a different thread, that the rear of the ship is usually a loud area. However, there are some rooms available on the Empress deck on the same side as my current room, but a little closer to the elevators (I think they were E129 & E125). Do you think these would be better?

And yes, the new price did include fuel charges (and all taxes). The $70 difference was a TOTAL savings, not just a difference in price. Does such a big drop in price happen often?

I have room E218 booked for the Sept 28 cruise. It looks like it is below the dining room which should be good.

I had booked through our local CAA at a room rate of $220 PP. I believe that was a good deal. Trouble is the flight from Toronto...

I will let you know how things are if i remember when i get back.

Craig

I have room E218 booked for the Sept 28 cruise. It looks like it is below the dining room which should be good.

I had booked through our local CAA at a room rate of $220 PP. I believe that was a good deal. Trouble is the flight from Toronto...

I will let you know how things are if i remember when i get back.

Craig

Thanks Craig, I'd appreciate that. I went ahead and changed my room to E121, which is under the very back corner of the Fantasy Dining Room so Im hoping that there wont be much moving of chairs & stuff waaaay back in the corner(**fingers crossed**) :p

By the way....how far in advance did you book your cruise? I hear that booking SUPER early and extremely last minute gets you the best rates (just wondering).

I believe it was in July when I booked. I checked Expedia, Redtag, Flightnetwork and many other websites. Very overwelming. I then checked on the CAA website here in Canada and they had the best price. I had heard of upgrades so I phoned Carnival and they said there was nothing to upgrade to other than the suites so I figured I did alright. The flights from Toronto were $600/pp which hurts but with booking through Carnival at least they guarantee us getting to the ship and home. If I booked myself, I could risk missing the ship or getting home, especially the way it sounds with all of these hurricanes brewing!

I believe it was in July when I booked. I checked Expedia, Redtag, Flightnetwork and many other websites. Very overwelming. I then checked on the CAA website here in Canada and they had the best price. I had heard of upgrades so I phoned Carnival and they said there was nothing to upgrade to other than the suites so I figured I did alright. The flights from Toronto were $600/pp which hurts but with booking through Carnival at least they guarantee us getting to the ship and home. If I booked myself, I could risk missing the ship or getting home, especially the way it sounds with all of these hurricanes brewing!

Okay, so about 60 days before. I didnt do as much searching as you, I only looked at the Carnival website (didnt even think about checking with expedia). I'll have to keep that in mind for my next cruise.

I'm a little luckier than you when it comes to airfare though. There are 5 major airports within a two hour drive of me so if "my" airport doesnt have a price low enough, I can check four others. I was able to get R/T airfare for just a little over $200 (all fees included) and this was directly with the airline.....now that I think about it, it may have been cheaper with Expedia. Oh well, 2 c-notes is steal so I stick with what I've got.

Let me know how your cruise goes. HAVE FUN!!! :D

• 1 month later...

Well, I am back from the Sensation and had a great time. The sleeping quarters were spacious as well as the bathroom. I did not notice any noise at all from the dinning room above, the only noise was when we were getting in or leaving the ports as the engine room is well below but i believe everyone would hear and feel it! The food was great, had the lobster and Roast beef entree at the same sitting. My wife and I did not enjoy the shows all that much but other people did, matter of taste I guess. If you have any particular questions, send me a post.

Craig

Well, I am back from the Sensation and had a great time. The sleeping quarters were spacious as well as the bathroom. I did not notice any noise at all from the dinning room above, the only noise was when we were getting in or leaving the ports as the engine room is well below but i believe everyone would hear and feel it! The food was great, had the lobster and Roast beef entree at the same sitting. My wife and I did not enjoy the shows all that much but other people did, matter of taste I guess. If you have any particular questions, send me a post.

Craig

Craig - were you in room E147 or E121?

oops, never mind - I just went back and read your old post. Room E218, right?

Archived