Laundry detergent??

hatchetjack5

We bring our own. We buy some of the travel size one load stuff. Don't forget to bring dryer sheets.

You can buy these items on the ship but the vending machines do sell out or malfunction at the most inconvenient times, Murph's Law.

2186933070080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes, you can take laundry items. I take my own. Wisk sells tablets that travel great. I found them in the travel section at Target. Also, I have a travel size of Gain softener that is enough for three washes. I just keep that in my travel box and refill when I am about to leave. I make sure to put them in their own ziplock just in case of leaks or breaks.

We use the Costco liquid detergent at home. (Great stuff, great value.) I put it in some round, plastic container and put the container in a cardboard cylinder. No problem.

The cardboard cylinder was then used transport the placemats that they pass out on the last night back home.

Security (or more correctly "security theater" was not a problem.

I got these to take on Baltic cruise this summer. They worked great. One sheet was perfect for the sink rinse of a swimsuit or something and we used 3 or 4 sheets to wash a full load. Still have a lot left over to use. These are very small and took up almost no room. They are also not liquid so no worry of leaks.

TL787_dt.jpg

I got these to take on Baltic cruise this summer. They worked great. One sheet was perfect for the sink rinse of a swimsuit or something and we used 3 or 4 sheets to wash a full load. Still have a lot left over to use. These are very small and took up almost no room. They are also not liquid so no worry of leaks.

TL787_dt.jpg

i have never seen those before. where did you get them? that's a great idea!

No worries about packing powders and solids. If you take a liquid and are flying it must go in your checked luggage (love the carboard tube idea!)... to take in carryon it must be in 1oz or less container in your 1qt clear ziplock bag (one bag per person).

We always take our own in checked luggage as we are picky about the perfumes that a different detergent may leave in our clothes. And we take dryer sheets.

(One big thumbs up for Carnival compared to RCCL for laundry facilites!)

Archived