has anyone done the nickelodeon cruise??

my2kids

Nope not me. :D I refuse to pay extra for the slime. (the cost is almost double what a normal Freedom cruise is.) But with ICarly there, it might have been worth it to my kids. ;)

Here are the people who have been there...alot of great info here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=829654

New dates released here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15981218#post15981218

thanks Crusinmama for posting the links to the other discussions.

I haven't been on much since school started & cut into my computer time :p

Our family was in the inagural cruise. If I had it to do over, I'd have waited till the 2nd or 3rd one so they could work out the kinks & take in some feedback.

As a whole it was a nice trip & Nick did nice little things, like every night there were little surprises for the kids after the turndown service, like autograph books, little backpacks etc. They also had activities running like Slime Time live & did stuff at the pool everyday & had character breakfasts. They also took over some of the shows at night & did theirs instead of RC's. They also had characters every afternoon on the Promenade so you could take pix with them.

BUT Nick/RC really underestimated how to handle things. The only stars on board were 2 kids from ICarly (& not even Carly, but her sidekicks Freddie & Sam) & the voice of Spongebob. Originally they did 1 autograph session & it was packed, which in turn delayed the next activity in the theater (it was Bingo & man the bingo players were PO'd) so they did end up adding another session. There were also ALOT of kids on board, like 1800 (many of them were ill behaved). So the pool & flowrider were always packed. It seemed like later in the week they added flowrider time to accomodate. Nick made a big deal about if you used your Amex card you got 'special' stuff. When we got to the Amex room all the character b-fast & show tickets were gone, then by the time I went to the Orange desk they didn't have any left either. MY 10yo didn't want to do too much, but he did want to go to the character b-fast - tough luck for us. Also my kids are 10 & 12 & they didn't have alot of stuff focused for that age group. If you had Nick Jr aged kids you're set because they did a Dora/Diego show every morning in the theater & seem more focused on that age group.

Like I said Nick's heart was in the right place, like with splats all over the ship & the activities. But they just really bit off more than they could chew IMO. They did send out surveys so I think they'll improve as they keep doing them. So I would think going next year or the year after would be better (of course by then my kids will be 'to old' for Nick)

Archived