any chance of check-in upgrade?

FMCowboy

We have an 8F balcony (upgraded automatically from an 8A 2 months ago). we have never sailed w/ Carnival before,any chance if we tell them that that we could get upgraded to an extended balcony or mini suite from our current room? Do they even upgrade on the day of sail?

fm

We have an 8F balcony (upgraded automatically from an 8A 2 months ago). we have never sailed w/ Carnival before,any chance if we tell them that that we could get upgraded to an extended balcony or mini suite from our current room? Do they even upgrade on the day of sail?

fm

Carnival sails full almost every cruise. Their average is 105% occupied year-round. Don't count on being upgraded. There will be signs all over the place saying the ship is full. There are always a few spare cabins on each sailing that are held back for emergencies such as a cabin being flooded, toilet problems, security, etc. but they are usually inside, smaller cabins and they won't sell them.

Thanks Leo Jay, that is what I was going to say. Just like when you have Directv for 12 years, they give you nothing as a loyal customer, but give away the farm for new customers. Hence the "applies to New Customers Only"

Let's say you are an avid RCCL cruiser and this is your first Carnival cruise, they want to convert you over from the Dark Side so to speak. LOL

My DH and I received an upgrade on our sail date. Our docs continued to say TBA until we got to the port. We had originally booked an 8G Guarantee and were upgraded to a Category 11. This was our first cruise with Carnival, it certainly made us want to go again.

fm

If you tell them what?? Is there something we dont know that you could tell them???

Thanks Leo Jay, that is what I was going to say. Just like when you have Directv for 12 years, they give you nothing as a loyal customer, but give away the farm for new customers.

OT I had to laugh at this one. So true, my Dad had to change to their top package to get the golf station then his remote acted up and I had to agree to pay $39 shipping to get a new unit and agree to keep the service for another 18 months. They sure nailed us or I would have cancelled and changed him to Time Warner. He is paying $20 more a month for the package than it is advertised for every Sunday in the paper and my Dad moans and complains about that they wouldnt give him the advertised price.

They do upgrade first timers. My son booked an inside guarantee and was assigned a balcony. Lucky for him, but I, on the other hand, have never been upgraded.

Note, your son booked a guarantee.... thats the key. It was the cabin they assigned him ..... even if he didnt get the assignment until he arrived at the port. Different case than OP who has a cabin and wants to upgrade after he has a assigned cabin.

I dont think anyone is saying they dont upgrade first timers, happens all the time with guarantees.

Just curious, If they don't upgrade people that sail over 25 times to a suite, why should or would they upgrade a first timer?

Not sure why, but I am glad they do! We were upgraded (for free) to two Cat. 11 suites on our first cruise (not from a guarantee either.)! :D

BTW, I should add that this was not at check-in, they called about a week in advance.

fm

You have heard of the Famous Two Chances? Slim and None? You got em.

Dan

Archived