I may have found the ultimate travel stroller

PrincessDreams4P&B

With our cruise less than 45 days away, I have been frantic to find a great travel stroller. I wanted something more rugged than the simple Walmart $12.00 umbrella stroller, that had minimal shade, no basket to put things and reclined as much as an airline seat. On the other side of the spectrum, there was the Maclaren which was to me the holy grail of travel strollers but the $200+ price tag had me hesitant despite all of the great reviews.

On one of my recent trips to Babies R Us, I saw what I thought was a Maclaren, I then looked again and it was a Wendy Bellissimo. It was almost an exact replica of the Maclaren (the WB comes in blue and pink - both with a cute camo design). It had the basket down bottom, more than ample shade, the seat moved up and down (where the legs go) for comfort, it had an enclosed back and peek a boo window, it reclined farther than any umbrella stroller I have ever seen. It had the 5 point harness and the easiest pull up latch I have ever used. It also came with the best feature (also on the Maclaren) and that is the shoulder strap for carrying. The best part was the $99.00 price tag. I used a coupon (which BRU is always giving out) for 20% off so it came out to $80.00 and I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this stroller. It maneuvers great and stores quickly and is small and light.

I would highly recommend this for anyone thinking about taking a stroller on a cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

PrincessDreams-

That is the EXACT stroller I have been contemplating purchasing. We went to BRU also and looked at ALL of their 3D collapsible strollers.

(We also went to Target, Walmart, Kmart & Sears. BRU was the only one with a decent selection of umbrellas)

We werent ready to buy yet as we were 'still uncertain'. We did love the fact that it almost fully reclined and the sun hood was movable. Those two things alone are very hard to find together in an umbrella stroller. Do they think the sun is ALWAYS overhead and expect people to never walk into the sunlight? Or that a child will always be cheerful, wide awake and never want to lay down while you are on the go?

The only reason why I havent got it yet was I read a few reviews on the internet saying it was a little difficult to manuver and had a bit of a rough ride. While we felt none of that in the store, I also realize I was pushing it on a smooth tiled and waxed store floor.

Have you taken it on pavement and noticed anything annoying? How is the 'real world' steering and manuverability?

Have you taken it on pavement and noticed anything annoying? How is the 'real world' steering and manuverability?

The first day I had it I noticed it was a little "stiff" but that has seemed to disappear. I have gone on pavement, asphault and concrete with the stroller and had no problems. Every great one in awhile, a wheel doesn't want to zig when I zag but I have had that problem with every stroller I have every used.

I still think it is a great stroller and for the price, you can't beat it. Hope it helps, let me know if you get it and what you think!

I'm a stroller collector...LOL

- Original McClaren umbrella stroller - lost a wheel on Hawaiian Airlines flight, gave me $200 voucher

- New McClaren umbrella stroller, love it!

- Double McClaren umbrella stroller - don't need it anymore

- Britax something or other for Britax car seat - gave to pregnant friend

- One of those things that just hold car seat - gave to charity

- Double jogging stroller - don't need it anymore

- xtra single jogging stroller - use at the beach

- BOB stroller - love it!

Oh, and I also have one of those skateboard things that attach to the back of the stroller for a toddler to ride on. Come to think of it, I have two.

That sound like a great purchase! Congrats!

I was too, then I gave everything away or sold it. When I finally had gotten rid of all of my baby stuff...wham 40 weeks later...a need for more baby stuff.

gosh, is this the secret??? Maybe if I get rid of my collection I will get pregnant again?

Archived