alternative way of travel to Brooklyn

Oslo Dutch

and you call me relentless oyvay:eek: :eek:

LOL its only my second post on the subject...in the last 6 months...

BTW Smith Street which is close to the Marriott is the new Brooklyn restaurant row(although I think 5th avenue has better food for the most part-in Park slope)

Ted

I'm sorry to go on but I love New York but my preference is Manhattan, although I do gladly acknowledge that the other boroughs have their own attractions. Well maybe not Staten Island LOL. Please visit Brooklyn and see the sights. (but do not overlook the other place just over the East River) Is that OK Ted??:D

++++

Yes, and I prefer consensus to polarity, and enthusiasm.

Now about Staten Island...I wrote a book on the Staten Island Ferry years ago but this is not a commercial as it's out of print. One of the thrusts was to get riders to see something of the borough and not to make an immediate return. A brand-new Gray Line S.I. hop-on, hop-off bus has started, and I have an invitation to try it...so now what about Queens and Da Bronx?

Ted in NYC

The SI ferry is the best free ride you can get. Sit on the starboard side out for a great view of Lady Liberty and switch sides coming back. 20 minutes ish each way.

Queens I believe is fairly residential but has a good smattering of light industrial. Da Bronx has De Zoo and some real Italian restaurants. All in all there is something for everyone. What do I know, I'm an Englishman abroad.:D

Archived