If a passenger and family were removed from ship..

kdee69

NCL has dogs with security that walk he floors. If the dog sit, then security takes over the stateroom with the dog to find what he wants.

Then Bermuda police come onboard & the bad folks get a free week or more in a low budget hotel with baloney sandwich for dinner.

ROFLMAO!!

Reality: Bermuda police bring their drug-sniffing dogs aboard the ships that dock in Bermuda. The dogs sniff at the gap at bottom of cabin doors. When the dog reacts and sits, the police asks for the staff to open the door. Then they search the room for the stash - they will open the safe if necessary.

Then they wait for the pax's return. The pax will be asked to leave the ship with all their belongings.

Then it's off to the police station for to be booked for possession. They are given the date to go to court - THEY MUST KEEP the date. Then they are released, to find THEIR OWN way to sleep, eat and live until their court date which can be several days away.

And, Bermuda is NOT CHEAP at all!!

Their court date arrives and they stand before the judge who will give them a hefty fine (no less than $1000), deportation order and addition of their names to Bermuda Stop list.

And they get mentioned in the local newspaper (name, age, place, drug, amount, etc), and the newspaper has a website that everyone in the world can read ...

NCL has dogs with security that walk he floors. If the dog sit, then security takes over the stateroom with the dog to find what he wants.

Then Bermuda police come onboard & the bad folks get a free week or more in a low budget hotel with baloney sandwich for dinner.

Excuse me, but I do not believe that any cruise line compliments their security staff with canine staff. Port Authority / Port Police do. Same as local police and airport police.

I have been on many cruises where pot smoking is quite apparent and no dogs were ever seen. (nor security for that matter)

I guess my only response to oz cleopatra would be a sarcastic "Pardon me for wanting to give our justice system a chance to actually work." quote]

Very naive there. It has failed me and many I know. Many walk after heinous crimes. I spend a lot of time with LAPD, have ties to people with experience working with various types of criminals and really- their hands are very tied. Many evil people get away with things that would make your mouth drop. You also said "retribution does not belong in a civilized society." I am simply saying that nothing is ever black and white regarding how people will react when someone they love has been hurt by another. Unless you have been there, you cannot judge others actions. Great pain in one's life can make them think unclearly and act out in ways they normally would not. They are not "uncivilized" as you implied- they are simply grief- stricken and emotional, they cannot think, their head is spinning and nothing makes sense to them. To understand is to not judge but to look at each situation we see in life objectively and individually. We cannot categorize people or circumstances. You are very fortunate that nothing to such an extent has happened in your life, but try to realize that it has to others and empathize with them and try at least for a second to put yourself in their shoes. When my mother died, I flipped, Depression, nightmares, sleeplessness, anxiety, intense grief- I was a mess. I can only imagine how I would be if her death had been at the hand's of another- and they were freed to walk the streets. Did the movie "A Time to Kill" make any sense to you- not even a little bit? If you have not seen it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rent it. For me. I beg you. Then you can at least have an inkling about the very simple point I am trying to make which is, quite simply that there are two sides to every story. Thank you.

Why would it just be to a girl? Justified or not, if anyone did anything physical to my great nieces or nephews, and if I could find them, I would pay good money, literally, to make sure they "paid" for thier actions. Trust me on that. And trust me it isn't that hard to find someone to take the money to do it. With that said, serving one of them a drink while they are underage is most certainly not a reason for a physical attack.

Terry, I really don't like this post. Why can't you take care of it yourself as a family member? Suggesting you'd hire a hit man is not a good thing.:(

Terry, I really don't like this post. Why can't you take care of it yourself as a family member? Suggesting you'd hire a hit man is not a good thing.:(

OMG.. LOL.. with a name like Terry do you think I have hit man connections?? LOL.. I was just saying I would make sure they would pay for it one way or the other.. LOL.. The thought that I have hit man connections has me laughing so hard right now I have tears coming out of my eyes. There are other things that you can have done to them other than kill them you know.. punctured tires, etc. Even hiring a private detective to find "dirt" on them so that if they did get off scott free from harming your relative at least maybe they would get in trouble for the dirt the detective might find. LOL..Please.. you know where I live.. LOL.. where am I going to find a hit man up here..

As far as paying someone to do it.. makes it harder for me to suffer any legal actions. If they got off scott free doing what every it is they did.. why shouldn't I?

OMG.. LOL.. with a name like Terry do you think I have hit man connections?? LOL.. I was just saying I would make sure they would pay for it one way or the other.. LOL.. The thought that I have hit man connections has me laughing so hard right now I have tears coming out of my eyes. There are other things that you can have done to them other than kill them you know.. punctured tires, etc. Even hiring a private detective to find "dirt" on them so that if they did get off scott free from harming your relative at least maybe they would get in trouble for the dirt the detective might find. LOL..Please.. you know where I live.. LOL.. where am I going to find a hit man up here..

As far as paying someone to do it.. makes it harder for me to suffer any legal actions. If they got off scott free doing what every it is they did.. why shouldn't I?

People on this board taking things literally? Say it isn't SO!!!!:D

We heard there were 2 families put off because of repeated vandalism and hooliganism by their children. They were both put off either at Lisbon or Civitivecchio.

Anyone on that cruise saw a large number of children unsupervised and out of control. The ones put off were the worst.

I also understand that when a family is put off a ship by NCL they go on a "No Sail" list and can never book on NCL again. Can you blame NCL?

Wow! I'm happy to hear that. Maybe they should publicize it a bit more.

Viv

oz cleopatra:

You are very fortunate that nothing to such an extent has happened in your life, but try to realize that it has to others and empathize with them and try at least for a second to put yourself in their shoes.

Of course you are entitled to your point of view, as I am entitled to mine. However, don't you dare have the nerve to assume you know anything about what I (and those I love) have dealt with in our lives. You don't. And I have no intention of going into detail about it on a public forum.

Yes, I have both read and seen A Time to Kill. Both the book and the movie were wonderful. I never said that I don't sympathize or understand that extreme circumstances can make people react in ways they normally would not. But somehow we got from beating a crew member for possibly giving a teen alcohol to some assumption that I have no understanding of how a father might react if his young daughter was beaten, raped, brutalized, and left for dead by racists.

beachchick

oz cleopatra:

Of course you are entitled to your point of view, as I am entitled to mine. However, don't you dare have the nerve to assume you know anything about what I (and those I love) have dealt with in our lives. You don't. And I have no intention of going into detail about it on a public forum.

Yes, I have both read and seen A Time to Kill. Both the book and the movie were wonderful. I never said that I don't sympathize or understand that extreme circumstances can make people react in ways they normally would not. But somehow we got from beating a crew member for possibly giving a teen alcohol to some assumption that I have no understanding of how a father might react if his young daughter was beaten, raped, brutalized, and left for dead by racists.

beachchick

You said flat out "retribution does not belong in a civiized society". I am saying sometimes it does. That is how we got on that subject.

Archived