Antime dinning anywhere on Carnival?

outowrk

I think we are finding the early dining to early, having to hurry back from shore or leave the pool to get dressed for dinner. Our last cruise we had the later dining but found ourselves still at the table after 10 PM which we found a little too late. Anytime dining seems like an idea that would work for us. Does Carnival offer it anywhere?

I think we are finding the early dining to early, having to hurry back from shore or leave the pool to get dressed for dinner. Our last cruise we had the later dining but found ourselves still at the table after 10 PM which we found a little too late. Anytime dining seems like an idea that would work for us. Does Carnival offer it anywhere?

Right now they are offering it on the Legend, and I believe in November on the Liberty.

We just got off the legend Sunday. We had anytime dining have to tell you we were not impressed there was alway a 25-35 min wait one one night it was over a hour to be seated.

The severs were at best just ok. My thinking here is they know there not going to make extra money from you so they just really did'nt care. I work in food and bev. And really did'nt care for the service.

We ended up eating in the unicorn cafe. Where the food was good not great but good.

Other than that the cruise was great...and the staff was really good.

Our bar servers on the lidio deck were fantastic...always there with a dry towel, water and of course ice cold drinks. yea rudi & ivoman... Just really nice guys.

Leigh

We just got off the legend Sunday. We had anytime dining have to tell you we were not impressed there was alway a 25-35 min wait one one night it was over a hour to be seated.

The severs were at best just ok. My thinking here is they know there not going to make extra money from you so they just really did'nt care. I work in food and bev. And really did'nt care for the service.

We ended up eating in the unicorn cafe. Where the food was good not great but good.

Other than that the cruise was great...and the staff was really good.

Our bar servers on the lidio deck were fantastic...always there with a dry towel, water and of course ice cold drinks. yea rudi & ivoman... Just really nice guys.

Leigh

We were on Legend the first week of August and found just the opposite to be true. Our longest wait was less than 90 seconds, and the service was exceptional.

That's what I thought as well. Early was too early and late was too late. I'm hoping the pilot tests go well and anytime is implemented on the Miracle by Feb! :)

That's what I thought as well. Early was too early and late was too late. I'm hoping the pilot tests go well and anytime is implemented on the Miracle by Feb! :)

I agree. I've always wished the cruiselines offered a 7 or 7:30 dining time--that's the time we're used to. We've done all three dining times and found Anytime dining really works best for us.

We sailed NCL with their "Freestyle' in Jan 08, and it was a joke. We had a group of 6 all of us seasoned cruised. We had a very hard time getting a table, the wait staff was ok, but not personable. I like getting to know my staff, I look forward to seeing them each night. My vote is don't mess with what works.

Cruised with NCL several years ago and expereinced the "FreeStyle" dining and did not care for it at all. We much prefer assigned times and seating and getting to know our wait staff. We like having them using our names, asking how the day was, etc. Again, don't like the "FreeStyle" way, we are hoping that Carnival does not go fleet wide with this idea.

Matt

Archived