RCCL Excursions?

Do any of RCCL's excursions in St Maarten visit Maho beach? I really want to go , but would prefer ( even at a price) to book through RCCL.

Cheers.

No, they do not. I was on Freedom last week, and I also wanted to go to Maho. So here's what we did:

When we got off ship, we walked over to the taxi dispatch area by the side of the road. We told one of the guys running the show we wanted to go to Maho.

He said "NO problem!" We jumped in the taxi, and they drove us right to the beach. It cost $18 dollars for 2, and was maybe a half hour drive.

We got there very early, so there wasn't a lot of planes going on. Mostly small stuff. Here is a schedule for the planes-http://www.bywindkal.com/SXMJets.html

I dont know if anyone else posted this, but the Sunset Beach Bar is OPEN for business. I guess it had been closed, but now it is fully operational.

When your ready to leave the beach, just walk back over to the bar area, and there will be a few taxis lined up ready to take people back to the cruise port. If not, they will call one for you. We left the beach at 1:30 to make it back the the ship by 4. However, that was an EXTREMELY conservative time, and I guarantee you could stay longer if you really wanted to.

I learned all this by reading the forum before my cruise, and it was extremely helpful. Just thought I'd pass it along. Maho is incredible and is definitely worth the extra effort to get to.

Hello,

If you go to the St. Maarten boards you will find many posts about a tour with Bernard. We took it last April & it was one of our better excursions. We got in touch with Bernard via an e-mail. No money was given ahead of time. He or one of his drivers will meet you at the end of the pier at a specific time ( we met at 9:30 A.M. ). For about $35pp + tip gave up a day of sightseeing, Maho Beach about a 1/2 hrs stay, shopping on the French side & shopping in Phillipsburg. We got back to the port around 3PM for a 4:30 back on ship for 5 PM departure. We had John as our driver & he was TERRIFIC, he served us rum punch, water, & soda throughout the entire day.

Enjoy your up coming cruises.

Stay safe if your are in the paths of the upcoming storms.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Most of the time, in most of the ports, going to the beach is easily done "on your own"--you don't need to pay for an "excursion" to have a beach day! Public beaches have all the rentals---chairs, umbrellas, watersport stuff--and most have food, drink and bathrooms nearby!

It's always a good idea to get and read a guidebook on the ports you'll be visiting in advance of your trip, so you'll know what can and can't be done easily, and which beach would be right for you!

Thanks for all 3 posts - Not sure what to do.. I quite like post number 1's idea.. Then being back in time ( Don't wanna be left there!) - Then again I've read elsewhere on here about Bernards tour. Would Bernards guarantee me back at the ship well and truely in time before it departs ?

Archived