Eurodam Superstar?

SarahQ

I'm guessing at this point that no one knows the answer to this question, but I'm going to give a try anyway ;)

In 2006 on the Westerdam we participated in the "Westerdam Superstar" karaoke contest - we had tons of fun and still talk about how amusing it was.

We're sailing on the Eurodam in November, and I'm wondering if indeed we'll see "Eurodam Superstar". I believe that all the Vistas still have it going on for 7-day Caribbean and Mexico sailings, although I could be wrong about that.

I'm guessing that the Eurodam has not been having the competition thus far, just due to the intineraries it is sailing, but I'm hoping that they will start once it repos to the Caribbean.

Anyone have any ideas, inside info, crumbs...? :D

I'm guessing at this point that no one knows the answer to this question, but I'm going to give a try anyway ;)

In 2006 on the Westerdam we participated in the "Westerdam Superstar" karaoke contest - we had tons of fun and still talk about how amusing it was.

We're sailing on the Eurodam in November, and I'm wondering if indeed we'll see "Eurodam Superstar". I believe that all the Vistas still have it going on for 7-day Caribbean and Mexico sailings, although I could be wrong about that.

I'm guessing that the Eurodam has not been having the competition thus far, just due to the intineraries it is sailing, but I'm hoping that they will start once it repos to the Caribbean.

They had it in July/August on Noordam (Med cruise). We watched the replay in our stateroom and it was funny.

Flip that coin again, Sarah, because you guessed wrong! :D The Superstars competition was held on the E-dam on it's first cruises. Those were very port-intensive itineraries, too.

Yes, they had it on the Eurodam (Aug 14-29). There weren't many contestants and the cruise director had a hard time getting the passengers enthused about it. I didn't attend the actual event, so I can't comment on the attendance.

We just completed the Copenhagen to NYC cruise Friday, and yes, Virginia, there IS a karoake competition (I should know, I was in it, but lost to a more deserving contestant!)

It was a lot of fun ... the panel of judges were most entertaining and found something nice to say about everyone!

You're right that the CD had a hard time getting people enthused at first, but on the actual competition evening the venue (Queen's Lounge or whatever it's called) was packed out ... maybe 300 people?? ... there was a lot of energy and hilarity in the room!

Yes, they had it on the Eurodam (Aug 14-29). There weren't many contestants and the cruise director had a hard time getting the passengers enthused about it. I didn't attend the actual event, so I can't comment on the attendance.

Well, guess I guessed wrong! LOL

Thanks everyone for the updates - I'm very happy to hear its alive and well. We had so much fun participating on the Westerdam...there were 3 of us (myself, DH and my best friend) and 2 of us made it to the finals!

I can say on the Westerdam it seemed to start off slow, but the semi-finals the Queens Lounge was standing room only and there were about 300-350 people in the showroom for the final, so I thought that was pretty well attended for a passenger event.

One thing I found was that it was a great way to meet people onboard - after the semi-finals, my bf and I could hardly go anywhere on the ship without someone "recognizing" us, and wanting to talk to us about it. It was really very sweet and we met some very nice people that way!

Looking forward to it this time - if you have the chance, enter! Its much fun, and its really not about the singing ;)

What Debbie doesn't tell you is that she and her mother sang a song they wrote themselves, and the lyrics were absolutely brilliant! I'd love to have you post the words here, Debbie, as I'd like to have a copy of them, and I'm positive others would get a lot of enjoyment from them too!

I was in the Superstars show on the Eurodam (8/14-8/29), singing to the cruise director with my mom. The room was packed ... and, though we didn't win, we got Dam Towels!

Love and cruises,

Debbie

DougC43, you are so sweet to bring this up! Thank you so much!! Mom and I had a blast writing this. Here are the lyrics (there's a tune to go with it, obviously).

ODE TO SHANE

Oh, I'm going insane

For that gorgeous guy Shane

Who stands on the stage every night

How can I ignite him?

Where can I invite him?

If only he'd ask me, I might

Though he's from the Midwest,

He's sailed with the best

On the Holland America Line

He's tall and he's striking

And built like a Viking

How can I get him to be mine?

Now, you'll all agree

Shane is quite the emcee

And the Mainstage is the place to go

But if it should happen

That he drops by my cabin

It's a much better room for a show

He's one cruise director

Who's as sweet as nectar

Nobody exudes so much sex

Oh, Shane, you old devil,

Your testosterone level

Is heating up eleven decks

Oh, he has got me frantic, man,

In the Atlantic, man

He's so divine

And even though we soon will part,

He will be in my heart

Way past August 29!

The worth of this guy

No Dam Dollar could buy

He turns my emotions to mush

When he strolls down the deck

I declare, "What the heck!"

He's got one cute American tush

Since we left Copenhagen

He's been on my noggin

There's no man who feels quite so right,

Just say that you'll miss me,

Then come here and kiss me,

You're making my cruise a delight!

Oh my goodness! That song surely sounds like it should have been a winner ;) Brilliant! Wish I could have been there for that...I'm sure it brought down the house :)

A quick question for anyone who participated on Eurodam - what time did the rounds usually start? On Westerdam we had late seating and things seem to start at 9 or 9:30, so we often had to skip dessert and such. We have AYWD this time, but I was just wondering?

A quick question for anyone who participated on Eurodam - what time did the rounds usually start?

I didn't participate---there isn't enough liquor in the ...:eek:

I just checked the Daily Programs from the first two cruises, though.

On the first cruise of the E-dam, sign-ups were held on one night from 9:30-11:30. Apparently, no one signed up, as I can't find the event on the programs.

On the second cruise the sign-ups were held from 9:30-11:00. The event was held once; it was at 10:15. I remember stopping by near the end. The lounge was packed!

Archived