Vietnam Visas

YorbaLinda

Does anyone know if Princess Cruises helps with the Vietnam visas if you are not on one of their tours? What I have read on visas is that you need an "approval" to even apply. The multiple entry visa is $40.00, but to get the "approval" is $90.00, which you can do through the consulate. You can apply for the visa 6 months prior to travel, and we are leaving in March, so I was trying to plan in advance.

I hate paying $90.00 per person if I don't have to.

me again, YorbaLinda....on our documents, it says that Princess will arrange Vietnam visas while we're on board and charge to the shipboard account...the only visa we need to arrange ourselves is the China visa...it was expensive but quite easy to do the paperwork.

mare

Mare;

When are you going on your cruise - we are booked Bangkok to Beihing March 14th.

Did you documents say how much Princess was charging for the multiple enry Visas to Vietnam?

On our Princess Asia cruise, last November, the onboard fee was $6.00 pp for both scheduled stops in Vietnam.

On our Princess Asia cruise, last November, the onboard fee was $6.00 pp for both scheduled stops in Vietnam.

Thanks for your input.... could you respond if had to be using Princess tours or where they available if you were going out on your own?

Here's what it says on my cruise personalizer....

"Vung Tau & Nha Trang, Vietnam: For all nationalities, a visa for Vietnam

will be issued upon the ship's arrival in Vietnam. A visa fee of USD $11 per

person will be charged to your shipboard account. Please note that your

passport MUST contain at least one unused 'VISA' page for entry/departure

endorsements. The visa fee is subject to change."

Doesn't specify that it's only for ship's tours.

I hear you, but when we went to St. Petersburg Russia they issued a "group" visa to those on their tours... we went on our own and had to get our own visas individually through normal channels not the ships program.... soooo I'm wondering if the same applies here and what people who have actually gone through this have in reality experienced.

I hear you, but when we went to St. Petersburg Russia they issued a "group" visa to those on their tours... we went on our own and had to get our own visas individually through normal channels not the ships program.... soooo I'm wondering if the same applies here and what people who have actually gone through this have in reality experienced.

It does not matter, private or ships tour, they stamp your passport. We had the same thing for Egypt & Israel this past May also, they stamped the passport and put the charge on our ship board account.

Archived