Adding a 3rd person to a 3 person room...

maddea20

Hi. I have a 3 person balcony room for my November cruise and and at first there were 3 people on the reservation, but then last week I took off one person and now there are only 2 of us in the room. As of today a different person wants to go and we are still 2 people in a 3 person room. So my question is, am I able to have this different person added to our room and would the price still be the same as it was when I had booked the room orignally, esp since the price has gone up considerably? I'm guessing of course this person would be charged at the 3rd person rate but would that rate still be the same as it was when the other person was there previously?

Hi. I have a 3 person balcony room for my November cruise and and at first there were 3 people on the reservation, but then last week I took off one person and now there are only 2 of us in the room. As of today a different person wants to go and we are still 2 people in a 3 person room. So my question is, am I able to have this different person added to our room and would the price still be the same as it was when I had booked the room orignally, esp since the price has gone up considerably? I'm guessing of course this person would be charged at the 3rd person rate but would that rate still be the same as it was when the other person was there previously?

You will be charged whatever the going rate is today (or whenever you book).

Good luck

You should do it soon, because the ship has a certain capacity stipulated by the coast guard, and not every berth on the ship can be filled. So, even if you have a triple room, if the ship reaches its lifeboat capacity while you still have only two booked in your room, you wouldn't be able to add the third person.

Why not call your TA or RCCL and ask?

I did call right before I wrote this post but I wanted to see what CCer's would say since it seems customer service is not always right on things, lol. But they said yes I can do it and it should be the same price. But I still wanted to get some other opinions from others on this board.

Thanks Donnak and Shayelle for your answers. Final payment is due by next Fri so that's when I wanted to make the change just in case some other stuff comes up since I would have to cancel another room to put this person in our room, so I don't want to do that until I know certain people are absolutley not going. And right after final payment there may still be rooms to fill since that's a time when people cancel so I'm not going to worry about the ship not having enough room just yet. But I will think about it, thanks.

Archived