Mariner--how should I write a letter about GREAT service?

tw67

I was on Mariner last week and had the best cruise ever! We were suppose to do Western Carribean, but due to the hurricane we had to change to Eastern and just got to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. St. Maarten is one of my all time favorite places, so I was happy! What really made the cruise for me and my family was the staff. From the time we got off the rental car van at the pier, we had such wonderful service!

This cruise I actually wrote down the names of staff members I wanted to remember, and I wanted to send a note to Corporate telling them what a great time we had. Here is my question...should I do it by e-mail (just to the regular customer service address) or do it by snail mail?

There were a number of people complaining about the change in itinerary, but hey, I know I travel during hurricane season, and it is a chance you take! I am just excited because now I need to book another cruise to get to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman! In 2006 when we didn't get to Key West, I just found another cruise to get me there another time, so here is my excuse to book another one!! ;)

I do have to say I now love Captain Johnny, and the cruise director, Abe is great! I think they made a great team!

Terry

I have written many such emails. I always address them to the CEO...they then get routed to the correct managers. The positive comments are always appreciated and I always get an email back thanking me for taking the time to acknowledge good service!

Hi Terry!!! Glad I caught one of your posts. I meant to ask you for your email address so that I could email you after we got home. I really enjoyed meeting you and the family!! You guys were really nice. We also had a great cruise. I took the 20 or so minutes and wrote a review. It should post in a few days. The cruise is all about what you make of it. It was a shame to see so many people having a fit over the change in itinerary. It was not the excursion desks fault that our ship was not supposed to be there but you sure would have thought so. I felt bad for them. Did you get your billing issue straightened out? My email address is a work one...I do not check at home dsherman@mayerelectric.com. Glad you made it home and thank goodness we did not cruise this week or next. YIKES!!

I saw a post yesterday that Cheryl did about the first half of her cruise. She apparently organized a meet and mingle and cabin crawl for that leg of her back to back while she was onboard. Somehow that had not been done my RYC. We cruise again next April but I am trying to get Carnival to switch us to the Western run...no luck getting in touch with the travel company. I guess they are swamped with people calling this week.:o

Dolly

I send an email to C&A, tell them who I am, C&A number and level.

Then the name(s) of the folks I want to commend, what department they're in and why I'm commending them.

Put praise for staff (or whomever) as the subject and it will get to the right people.

I always get an acknowledgement from either the individual or someone from RCI.

Archived