Med Itinerary change!!

Hi Aubie! Glad to find another Brilliance cruiser on the post:) I'd like to read the replies you get on this one.

The 26th can't come soon enough!!!!!

This is going to be the longest 3 weeks in history! :D

How come you haven't posted on our roll call?? We've got a good group of cruisers on it and alot of private excursion sharing. Drop over and introduce yourself if you like and sign up for the M&M.

Aubie

RCI has changed our itinerary for the Brilliance cruise on the 26th from Tunisia to Malta. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do there?? Also, where will the ship dock, is it close to town?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Aubie

Malta is an awesome place!!! Try to be up in the morning when the ship docks. It is really like no other place I've ever been!! There are museums and shopping and churches. I know there are rocky beaches, even though I did not go there. I also know you can rent a car there and go explore. But I loved Malta, because it felt like I stepped out into the Renaissance. Have fun!!:)

Aubiecruiser:

We are on this cruise with you. We have already visited Valletta on a previous cruise and we did a ship's tour which took us out into the country. We visited a village by the name of Mdina. There was a lovely glass factory there and I bought a beautiful perfume bottle. We enjoyed this tour. It gave us a chance to see the countryside. The ship isn't in port very long on this trip, but the tour we took was a short one. Don't know if RCCL will offer a similiar tour. But if they do, I'd recommend it. Where the ship docks is near the town, BUT to get to the town you have a very steep hill to walk up. I truly felt as though I had taken a step back in time when we visited. The city is surrended by a wall. I suppose it was defended from these tall old walls in past ages.

Karon

Aubiecruiser:

We are on this cruise with you. We have already visited Valletta on a previous cruise and we did a ship's tour which took us out into the country. We visited a village by the name of Mdina. There was a lovely glass factory there and I bought a beautiful perfume bottle. We enjoyed this tour. It gave us a chance to see the countryside. The ship isn't in port very long on this trip, but the tour we took was a short one. Don't know if RCCL will offer a similiar tour. But if they do, I'd recommend it. Where the ship docks is near the town, BUT to get to the town you have a very steep hill to walk up. I truly felt as though I had taken a step back in time when we visited. The city is surrended by a wall. I suppose it was defended from these tall old walls in past ages.

Karon

Thank's Linny & Karon!

From the little bit of research I had time to do today, it actually looks more interesting than Tunis. I have to say that I was looking forward to going to Carthage, but I'm sure there is a good reason the change. (Other than the suggested fuel savings). Malta has alot of history and hopefully a good brand of local beer! :D

Aubie

Be happy with that change, honestly...Malta is way better to visit than Tunis. I've been in both places and I'm sure you gonna love Malta.

What about Tunis v. Palermo? Our Brilliance itinerary for February has been changed supposedly for fuel conservation but on the map it barely looks any different. What I've read about Palermo isn't so inviting.:(

Aubie,

Our Oct. 20 cruise on the Brilliance was changed weeks ago to Malta from Tunis. I was disappointed because I wanted to go to Carthage, had already purchased our tour. But after reading about Malta we have decided to take the ships tour which takes you to Mdina and then back to Valetta. For our cruise it was supposedly changed because of how many other ships were going to be in Tunisia versus Malta.

Have you noticed on your cruise that some of the arrival and departure times have changed, giving you less time in port? That is what is happening on our cruise. I think the ship is going slower between ports to save fuel.

Julie

Archived