TGM electric train in La Goulette

yoj13

Hi,

Shortly we will be visiting La Goulette (Tunisia) on the Century. Has anyone used this train service for getting into Tunis. I understand it is only a very short joureny (approx 7/8 km) but would appreciate any info from people who have used this train recently. i.e. instructions from port to train station and costs involved Thank you

Hi,

Shortly we will be visiting La Goulette (Tunisia) on the Century. Has anyone used this train service for getting into Tunis. I understand it is only a very short joureny (approx 7/8 km) but would appreciate any info from people who have used this train recently. i.e. instructions from port to train station and costs involved Thank you

While landing with Oceania in LA Goulette....We were landed at a commercial dock....with most traffic being trucks from unloading docks.....and our buses. These truckers did NOT like our buses. Resulting in a fistfight between drivers in on instance...and the bus WE were on being struck by a truck that refused to give any right-of-way to a bus. I'm not sure you'd wish to be wandering around the area...and it was way out in the middle of nowhere. La Goulette we saw little of...both cities were NOT a favorite, and we're always interested in new places....except for the Bardo museum it wasn't my"cup of tea". You don't have a lot of time after the travel time VIA bus. Many toured to the Carthage ruins (Roman ruins are all thats left)...we were told there was nothing there...but saw photos of their trip, and felt we'd have liked it more.:confused:

Thank you for your reply. We have been to La Goulette before but it was only for a 4 hour visit. I was not impressed with the immediate port area and although we walked up the main street I felt quite intimidated really. So as the stay is longer this time, we were thinking of going into the 'city centre' hence the information request for the train. I have posted on Trip Advisor also so I'm sure someone will come along with the info soon. Thanks again for your input.

Archived