Question about Room Service Beverages....

dtownjbrown

I am sooo excited about my upcoming (and first ever) cruise. Im finally in the double digits in regards to remaining days :D . Ive read that the drinks that are in the room when you arrive are NOT free. I was planning on bringing my own soda & water but had a thought.....what about beverages ordered from room service. Are they NOT free as well?

I am sooo excited about my upcoming (and first ever) cruise. Im finally in the double digits in regards to remaining days :D . Ive read that the drinks that are in the room when you arrive are NOT free. I was planning on bringing my own soda & water but had a thought.....what about beverages ordered from room service. Are they NOT free as well?

Depends on what you order. The only thing free anywhere on-board are the items such as coffee, tea, juices. If you get a soda or alchoholic beverage or bottled water from anywhere (bars, dining room, room service), you will pay for them.

The only time they will be free is at the Captain's reception. After your first cruise, you will also be invited to the past guests party where beverages are free. But the Captain's reception and past guests party are only about 45 minutes long and if you manage to snag a second drink, you will be lucky.

I guess I should also add the free liquor tasting....of course, that is generally thimble size tastes of various types of booze that they are trying to sell.

There will be about half dozen Cokes/Sprites in your cabin, as well as a large bottle of Evian water. These are not 'free'. There should be a little sign by them saying if you consume them, the steward will add it to your S&S account.

All juice, coffee, tea, milk, hot choc., whatever's on the room service menu is included in your cruise fare. (IF there's a charge for anything, it will be so noted.)

Enjoy!:)

You can order anything free that would normally come with the buffet.

Can you ask the room steward to take the drink items out of the room so your kids don't "accidentally" drink them??

If there's a fridge in your cabin, I'm pretty sure that's where they'd be. If you want to use the fridge for your own stuff, the steward won't have anywhere else to store the mini-bar stuff, so you'd just have to store them on your countertop or in your closet or something.

I'm not sure the question got answered really in full. If you order a soda from room service, you WILL be charged for it, even if you have a soda card. It goes w/o saying if you order an alcoholic drink you will pay for it as well. (I guess you can order bar drinks; I don't really know.)

Regular staterooms do not have refrigerators. We had the sodas & water in our room - I think they were just on the vanity taking up space. I just put them in the drawer. I guess a lot of people do that - I was never asked where they were or if we consumed them and I wasn't charged for them.

Can you ask the room steward to take the drink items out of the room so your kids don't "accidentally" drink them??

Ah yes, the kiddies!:D

I put the Cokes and water on the floor under the desk. Out of sight, out of mind.

We were on the Valor last year--loved it. The Captain's Party lasted for well over an hour--enough for the crew to be introduced and people to do a little dancing. I have to disagree with one poster who said you were lucky to get a second drink! The waiters were all over the place with their trays of various drinks. Wonderful little munchies and great drinks. They were small--the size of a small wine glass. But, we probably could have had several if we wanted. It was a beautiful party on Formal Night. And, I was thrilled to see people "dressed to the nines" there!

sunny----Elation of 10/13---yeah!!!

On the Miracle we had a refridgerator.. mini

I took everything out and put it in the closet.I told the Room stewart.. no problem.. Last night everything went back in...

If you have a fridge, keep the wall panel /unit door open to let the heat escape.. the fridge stays cooler..;)

If you keep the door open during the day, the refrigerator is cooler and the drinks are colder. I also found that a zip lock bag filled with ice keeps things cooler if you just put it in the refrigerator.

vicki

We were on the Valor last year--loved it. The Captain's Party lasted for well over an hour--enough for the crew to be introduced and people to do a little dancing. I have to disagree with one poster who said you were lucky to get a second drink! The waiters were all over the place with their trays of various drinks. Wonderful little munchies and great drinks. They were small--the size of a small wine glass. But, we probably could have had several if we wanted. It was a beautiful party on Formal Night. And, I was thrilled to see people "dressed to the nines" there!

Yea that is so true. Here is a picture of our table at the past guest party and it was taken after they removed a few of the empty glasses :D

Dsc_4158.jpg

I agree. I took a hint from a poster here who said to hang by the bar, tip the bartender a bit, and you'll be drinking your full 45 minutes worth. I assume it's the same at the Past Guest party...I'll have to wait until April for that:)

Archived