Need advice on the mariner

panz

Me and the mrs are seriously considering taking the mariner out of fla on 11/16 going west route. we always plan last minute , need advice on ports ,hotel in port canaveral and any other tidbits would be most helpful , thanks to fellow crusie lovers.

We stayed at the Raddison in August before our Mariner cruise and the hotel is more than just a hotel, it is like a mini-resort.

The hotel shuttle took us to Catholic Mass on Saturday, picked us up from dinner at Grills, all for free,( we did tip gratefully).

We had the first shuttle to the Mariner, and it was quite organized.

We did a private town car transfer from the airport for abour 110 dollars, tip included. Probably would not do again, not really friendly, and the driver seemed to be bothered with helping us with our suitcases, he goes "if you need help, I'll get you a porter" We said no thanks, "WITH YOUR HELP WE SHOULD BE FINE!"

Safe travels and enjoy the Mariner, she is one beautiful lady (ship).

Later

We are taking that same cruise and we are flying into Orlando on Friday and renting a car from Thrifty for about $70 for the 2 days. We are staying 2 nights at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral for $149 per night. Our car rental has a free shuttle to the port when we return it on Sunday morning. This will be the third time on the Mariner, she is a great ship and Port Canaveral is very easy to navigate. There is also several restaurants near the water that you can watch the ships leaving, if there are some that day. Any other questions le me know.

Me and the mrs are seriously considering taking the mariner out of fla on 11/16 going west route. we always plan last minute , need advice on ports ,hotel in port canaveral and any other tidbits would be most helpful , thanks to fellow crusie lovers.

For the best, most complete port information - go to each individual Port of Call here on cruise critic.

If I was good at links I'd direct you better, but there's a north american link, FL ports, port canaveral and then a "I work in Port canaveral" link. There are two very informative people who answer a lot of questions about Port Canaveral and what's going on. They get a little tired of the same questions, but you can read through it and get info, if you can't find it, ask, they'll probably answer it.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. It was very nice, we go it for $89 through Hotwire. We also ate at Fishlips down by the port the night before. We loved the Mariner, our favorite ship so far!

We had a great time at the Radisson in PC. Ot is a reort. They had a shuttle to the pier. You had to book it ahead of time but that was easy. They took our bags in a trailer attatche dto the bus. Ate at Grills and Fishlips. Both places were fine. I liked the food in Fishlips better but Grills had a band and a Tiki bar.

We've cruised on Mariner twice and stayed at the Radisson both times. We really liked the hotel. We were able to park for the week as part of the cost of the room and the shuttle worked perfectly. We would absolutely stay there again. We love the Mariner and hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Have a wonderful vacation!!

You can do a one-way car rental from the airport to Cape Canaveral for about $60 each way (Hertz). They have a shuttle that will take you to the ship when you drop off the car. It will also pick you up when you return. Then you have the freedom to stay further away from the Port if you want.

You can do a one-way car rental from the airport to Cape Canaveral for about $60 each way (Hertz). They have a shuttle that will take you to the ship when you drop off the car. It will also pick you up when you return. Then you have the freedom to stay further away from the Port if you want.

We did this as well and it worked out great. We went to the Kennedy Space Center the day before the cruise, it was really great to have the car.

If I was good at links I'd direct you better, but there's a north american link, FL ports, port canaveral and then a "I work in Port canaveral" link. There are two very informative people who answer a lot of questions about Port Canaveral and what's going on. They get a little tired of the same questions, but you can read through it and get info, if you can't find it, ask, they'll probably answer it.

Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=122

Most questions have been asked and answered many times. Please use the search feature inside the thread and search for things like: shuttle, car rental, hotels etc. There are a couple of really nice summary posts that you can find.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. It was very nice, we go it for $89 through Hotwire. We also ate at Fishlips down by the port the night before. We loved the Mariner, our favorite ship so far!

We also stayed at Country Inn and Suites. You can get a room with a view of the port and see the ships at the terminals. We also left our car there for the entire cruise and used the shuttle through the hotel. They also have a fairly good breakfast included.

We got the first shuttle to the ship (you have to sign up when you arrive) and when we disembarked there was a shuttle there waiting for us. we were off the ship, to the hotel and in our car on the way home by 8:30 AM.

We also ate at Fishlips - good food and great views of the Sat. ships leaving if you get there in time.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but we too stayed at Country Inn & Suites and I highly recommend it. They have a pretty decent complimentary breakfast too.

Can't help you with what to do in the ports, we scuba dived in each one, You will LOVE Mariner!

Archived