Any Predictions for Imagination 9/8?

Lilmatcat

We're supposed to leave Miami on Monday (five-day trip on the Imagination) and our scheduled stops are Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. Any predictions on our islands in light of Hurricane Ike's visit to the Bahamas?

I am playing the same guessing game however 2 weeks away just thinking about any potential damange that may prevent us from going. Hope whatever/wherever you have fun! Cheers:)

We're supposed to leave Miami on Monday (five-day trip on the Imagination) and our scheduled stops are Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. Any predictions on our islands in light of Hurricane Ike's visit to the Bahamas?

I don't have too many guesses for you, but you probably won't find out until you board, since they will have to assess the damage from Ike. It pretty much depends on where he goes. I know it's frustrating. But, for now the track looks pretty good for the Bahamas, so you may still end up going there.

With the path of Ike, it looked to me like the Western was out, and with Grand Turk scheduled to be hit hard I was figuring that was probably going to be a no-go, too. So I'm kind of guessing the same thing as far as Nassau and Freeport. I'm not sure how close Half Moon Cay is to Grand Turk on whether that would still be scheduled. I'm just going to keep a positive attitude and have fun no matter where we go!

With the path of Ike, it looked to me like the Western was out, and with Grand Turk scheduled to be hit hard I was figuring that was probably going to be a no-go, too. So I'm kind of guessing the same thing as far as Nassau and Freeport. I'm not sure how close Half Moon Cay is to Grand Turk on whether that would still be scheduled. I'm just going to keep a positive attitude and have fun no matter where we go!

Here is the answer for Half Moon Cay.... I think it is still a go as long as Ike doesn't turn towards the bahama's and continues to head straight for Cuba.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_San_Salvador_Island

Thanks! I was thinking I should google it and look at a map, but I've been so busy watching hurricane sites. :eek:

No problem! Just promise in two weeks if the same things happens to me you will return the favor;)

look at this site I have been watching it for days!

http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-ike-2008

We are in a similar situation as you. We are leaving on a 4 day on the Fascination from Miami. My gurss is that we both will be going to Nassau and Freeport. You may also go to HMC since you have an extra day. We are suppossed to be going to Key West and Cozumel. Really doubt that will happen. Just hope we can go somewhere.

We're supposed to leave Miami on Monday (five-day trip on the Imagination) and our scheduled stops are Grand Turk

The early news reports from Grand Turk are that many roofs have been blown away, some people saying 80% of the homes are damaged. Sorry you ar emost likely not going to see it. Here's some photos from around the pool area/Margaritville when we were there in April. The Margaritaville and surrouding shopping area was great:

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

Archived