$$$$ questions....

I have been looking at different cruiselines, and their packages they offer for weddings, and there are upgrade opportunites for EVERYTHING pretty much, and I get lost of HOW much it will be (meaning just the wedding ceremony/reception part).

Can you ladies help? What did you upgrade, about how much did each thing run, and what was the total? How many guests did you have? Please provide pictures if you can to help me "visualize".

Thanks for your help. If this is too personal, feel free not to answer, I understand.

Liz

I'm getting married this weekend on the Caribbean Princess. I did the wedding at sea vs getting married in port. Here are my costs:

Basic Package - $2200 or so

Cruise Price - whatever you book it at

12 Guests - all sailing so no extra cost there

Reception Dinner at Sabatini's - $20 per person ($240 total)

Extra Musician - $80 for ceremony

Flowers - did not upgrade the boquet (already a dozen roses), made bridesmaids boquets at home

Tux Rental - $108 - 85 plus 20 for vest and 3 for insurance

Hair Appts - pay on ship at time of appt

Not having a dj - decided to just party in the lounges/clubs after dinner

Pictures - whatever package you decide to go with

Any other questions let me know.

Well, first congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!!!!

Second, thanks for the help. It all seems so overwhelming, the choices, the prices. I am sure when I talk to a coordinator it will be more clear, but I want to sail in 2006, so I have to wait until more cruise companies finish the iteneraries for that year.

I guess I have a few more months of uncertainty... Thanks again though, you gave me a good ballpark.

Liz

Hi,
I am getting married on Caribbean Princess as well and have chosen to do lots of upgrades, happy to share the prices I've gotten:

At Sea Package: 2200
Upgraded bridal bouquet: 50
Bridesmaids long stem roses: 30
Boutinerres (5 total): 60
Corsages (4 total): 100
2 extra floral arrangements for ceremony: 150
Microphone set up fee (ceremony is on deck): 25
Brunch at Sabatinis (30 guests): 600
Rose Pedals on tables at Sabatini's: 105
Floral Arrangement for Bride/Groom's table: 75
3 hours open bar in Skywalkers: 1345.50
3 hours DJ in Skywalkers: 900
Custom Cake for Skywalkers (beautiful, 3 tier): 385
Photography for 6 hours (all day, even while I'm getting ready): 300
Eternity (negatives) photo package: 495
Canvas print: 50
Tux's (we're renting on land): 100
Hair: 45 X 2 (practice session): 90
Cruise: 1200 for both (mini-suite, we got credits for our large party toward our fare)
Honeymoon: 2100 (we're marrying on Eastern Caribbean, honeymooning on Western Caribbean)
Welcome Gift delivery to rooms: ???? (awaiting quote)

As you can see, you can add as many or as little extras as you would like. What we did was start with a total budget, prioritize the things we wanted (drinks and photos were very important to us, but as you can see we didn't put many extras into the ceremony) and went from there. It's all depending on how large your party is and what kind of things you want to do. Just don't be afraid to ask for quotes on things because we're having rose pedals covering everything and that's only costing us like 100 bucks, some things are much more than others.

Good Luck!! Check back as I'm sure Beth will be sharing her pics when she returns and I'll be sure to post mine when we return from the honeymoon in late January!

Wow, that sounds awesome... especially for all the prices you got... sounds like cruise weddings are alot more affordable and not as overpriced as land weddings...

I was thinking if the cruise includes all your food then is it rude if you have all cruising guests, to make the dinner that the ship includes your dinner for your reception? Has anyone done that, or is it typical to pay for a private party?

Just beginning my thoughts on this subject, and I have a ton of them... so of course I will be back asking crazy questions, because my mind is working a mile a minute. I don't want to spend $15000+ on a land wedding with bare minimums for ONE day... I like the idea of a 5-7 day celebration, makes much more since to my little financial mind.

Thanks again girls for helping.
Liz

Liz-
I agree with giving your guests something they aren't getting that's "included". You could do that be either doing a private meal, or just adding open bar to the regular dining room too. For example, we're having our rehearsal dinner in the regular dining room, but we're providing all the wine.

We decided on Princess because they are the only ones to legally wed at sea (the others you have to wed while in port), and it just so happened, that on at sea days the Sabatini's (a pay resteraunt) has a brunch for 20.00 per person and it INCLUDES alcohol like champagne, wine, bloody mary's and momosas. For us, that was a bargain to treat our guests to something they wouldn't be getting every day since the menu is amazing (think sushi bar, mahi-mahi, omelettes and even caviar) and the drinks are included. Seemed like such a good deal. But, I know lots of people have their meal in the regular dining room and that works out great too, everyone's on vacation on a beautiful ship with 5 star service so it's really a win-win no matter what you do.

Good Luck, and these boards are a wealth of info for cruise brides. I'll be sure to write a very long review and post pictures once all is said and done, it's hard to find info out there on cruise ship weddings, so keep this site on your favorites and you should be set. :)

Good Luck!!!
Kadie

Married in Port in Vancouver before the ship set sail, with 58 guests in attendane:

Basic Package $850.00 (includes 1 bottle champange, brides bouquet, grooms boutonniere, marriage commisoner, location aboard ship, decorative marriage certificate, wedding cake for 8 people.)
Sit-Down 5 Course Luncheon with Red/White Wine ($42/per person for 54 adults and lunch with pop for 4 minors $40/per person)
Tired Wedding Cake for 50 People $17)
Diamond Photography Package $275 (40 5x7 and 5 8x10 plus double sided folio frame) but then we had to buy all our pictures plus all negatives and that was an additional $600 not included in my total
Photographer Service Fee $50
Reception Coordination Fee $250
Additional white rose boutonniere $10
Additional bouquet hand tied with white roses $35
Throw Bouquet with white carnations $30
Additional Coordinator $150 (groups of 25 people or more)
7 additional bottles of champange for wedding toasts $28/bottle

Our total was $4449.00 US

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting married on Caribbean Princess as well and have chosen to do a few upgrades, here are the prices I've gotten:

At Sea Package: $2200
Upgraded bridal bouquet: $70
Bridesmaids long stem roses: $60
Boutinerres (3 total): $45
Corsages (3 total): $75
Dinner at Sabatini's (25 guests): $500
1 hour Hor d'oeuvres with open bar (25 guests): $525
1 hour DJ in Skywalkers: $200
Custom Cake for Skywalkers (beautiful, 2 tier): $265
Aditional hour of photography: $50
Eternal Collection (CD Rom) photo package: $495
Tux's (we're renting from cruise ship company): $85
Onboard Gown Pressing: $35
Hair: $45
Manicure: $20
Cruise/ Honeymoon: $2500 total for FI and I

I still have more to add so we will wait and see. My brother is going to video tape the ceremony for me. I can't wait!:p

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to see you pics when you get back. I am very excited for you. I still have to wait 8 months till our wedding on the Caribbean Princess. When you have time, when you get back my email is [email="t_dungey@sbcglobal.net"]t_dungey@sbcglobal.net[/email] .

Thank you soo much and have a wonderful time.
Shari:p

[quote name='melissa76']For me it was simple....

...15-minute wedding $1500...
:)
Melissa :)[/QUOTE]
Melissa,

What did you have at a 15-minute wedding that priced out at $1,500? I'm curious! A 5 minute ceremony and then 10 minutes of Krug and beluga? :p

First in Class

The basic package on RCCL Navigator is $1300 (plus $100 extra for June, plus $100 extra for voyager class ships).

So, the cheapest possible wedding on RCCL was $1500.

Why do you ask?? Are the other lines cheaper??

It came with a bouquet, cake for 2, picture, and the photographer's services (which we then gave $800 for pictures!! - they were great though!!!!).

I think it would have been the same $1500 if we had had up to 40 guests. We just didn't want any. It was PERFECT!!

Melissa :)

Actually, now that I'm looking at the other posts, many of the other "basic" packages were $2200.

The thing is, you don't get any sort of REBATE for NOT having guests. That's why it seems so disproportionately expensive!!

Still, it was like the cheapest wedding on the planet. Our rings and our Suite were very expensive, though. We really enjoyed ourselves!!

Melissa :)

Archived