Babies in the Dining Room

• 3 weeks later...
Now, I know for a fact that Folgy does not wear dentures.... his glass eye ball is another thing!
Bring on the adults only cruises..... leave your kids where they belong... with the expensive nanny..... heck bring her with ya, but keep them where they belong .... in steerage for our dinner
So flame away.. cause this is a mother, who travelled with her kids, a nurse who's wiped up every known excrement that kids can produce... I just want to have a decent dinner on a decent cruise with adult conversation, good dinner music, lots of wine, and memories to make.!

P.S Well behaved, well mannered, responsible parents allowed, as long as their well behaved, well mannered older children keep them in line;)

[quote name='rykersdad']
Bring on the adults only cruises..... leave your kids where they belong... with the expensive nanny..... heck bring her with ya, but keep them where they belong .... in steerage for our dinner
I just want to have a decent dinner on a decent cruise with adult conversation, good dinner music, lots of wine, and memories to make.!

P.S Well behaved, well mannered, responsible parents allowed, as long as their well behaved, well mannered older children keep them in line;)[/quote]

[SIZE=6][B]AMEN!!!!!!!!! [/B][/SIZE];)

How in the Hell did I manage to raise five kids without ever smacking their faces or butts (being careful not to leave a mark??? Yeah - heard all about that "soft tissue" butt theory.) OMG! I just remembered that I was able to [B]tell [/B]them that their behavior wasn't appropriate!! I'm so very sorry that this worked for us! My apologies to the afficiandos of "smacking"! Hey...I think I saw you in Wal-Mart yesterday! Good for you for disciplining your kid in public and not leaving a bruise! But, please...leave your kids at home on your next cruise! Thanks!

[quote name='imsulin2']How in the Hell did I manage to raise five kids without ever smacking their faces or butts (being careful not to leave a mark??? Yeah - heard all about that "soft tissue" butt theory.) OMG! I just remembered that I was able to [B]tell [/B]them that their behavior wasn't appropriate!! I'm so very sorry that this worked for us! My apologies to the afficiandos of "smacking"! Hey...I think I saw you in Wal-Mart yesterday! Good for you for disciplining your kid in public and not leaving a bruise! But, please...leave your kids at home on your next cruise! Thanks![/QUOTE]

imsulin , Thanks for the chuckle:D

You most certainly deserve adult oriented down time when you cruise(more than I) You have already self sacrificed for raising 5 kids.
ps.I got the belt/strap across my legs / backside and learned very quickly that I liked consequences of my actions that brought praise and not woopins.

[quote name='Folgy']imsulin , Thanks for the chuckle:D

You most certainly deserve adult oriented down time when you cruise(more than I) You have already self sacrificed for raising 5 kids.
ps.I got the belt/strap across my legs / backside and learned very quickly that I liked consequences of my actions that brought praise and not woopins.[/quote]

Are you my brother?

My dad would stand in the doorway of the room where we were being hooligans and snap his belt.

We knew the faster we ran past him, the easier it would be on our bottoms.

It was sort of a hold you breath, one, two three, GO thing.

You got your whack and then you made it to your room and breathed a sigh of relief. Until next time.

sable

[quote name='sablecheyenne']Are you my brother?

My dad would stand in the doorway of the room where we were being hooligans and snap his belt.

We knew the faster we ran past him, the easier it would be on our bottoms.

It was sort of a hold you breath, one, two three, GO thing.

You got your whack and then you made it to your room and breathed a sigh of relief. Until next time.

sable[/QUOTE]

YUP! , Sounds like I came from the same family;) . I prefered my dads woopin better than moms . Dad said thats enough and to your room. Mom would say and just one more so you don't forget(then the lecture ...which I thought was worse)

Last year my daughter was exactly 4 months old the day we cruised. For some reason HATED the sounds in the dining room. Luckiky we where seated by an exit. My MIL would eat and then come and take the baby then I'd eat. THAT was an experience. Hopefully this time will be much better lol. As for my other kids. I always have people walk by during the cruise and tell me how well behaved they are and that they didnt even know there where children at the table. I dont tolerate the bad dinner behavior. :)

Archived