Does it really cost this much???

idcruisers

We are sailing on the CB from Red Hook Brooklyn on 9/21/08. We will need a car service or taxi from JK to our Hotel in Brooklyn on 9/20, from the hotel to pier on 9/21, from pier to Embassy Suites on 9/28 and from Embassy suites to JFK on 9/29. Embassy suites just quoted me $100 for car service from the pier and $125 to jfk. This seems really expensive from what I have been reading here. The Brooklyn hotel quoted $50 from JFK for car service. That seems more correct. There are only two of us and luggage. I have tried to search the board but search option is down so I am hoping I someone can help me out with this. How much should I plan to spend for each transfer, should i worry about a car service or will taxi's be fine? Does anyone have recommendations for a good car service? Thanks so much, this has been giving me stress and much confusion. :o

We are sailing on the CB from Red Hook Brooklyn on 9/21/08. We will need a car service or taxi from JK to our Hotel in Brooklyn on 9/20, from the hotel to pier on 9/21, from pier to Embassy Suites on 9/28 and from Embassy suites to JFK on 9/29. Embassy suites just quoted me $100 for car service from the pier and $125 to jfk. This seems really expensive from what I have been reading here. The Brooklyn hotel quoted $50 from JFK for car service. That seems more correct. There are only two of us and luggage. I have tried to search the board but search option is down so I am hoping I someone can help me out with this. How much should I plan to spend for each transfer, should i worry about a car service or will taxi's be fine? Does anyone have recommendations for a good car service? Thanks so much, this has been giving me stress and much confusion. :o

taxi will be fine and they have flat rates into Manhattan

To the Brooklyn Hotel(assuming downtown Brooklyn Hotels like the marriott) from JFK Arecibo charges about $40.00 and about $10 to the Red Hook terminal call them at

(718) 783-6465

I use them all the time and have never had a problem...

If you use a cab from JFK to Brooklyn its meter not a flat fee

http://www.nyc.gov/tlc

If you use a cab from a Manhattan hotel to the Brooklyn Pier you must take directions with you because cabbies will either say they don't know where it is or that they tell you they don't know because they don't want to go to Brooklyn. NY law requires them to take you anywhere within the 5 boros of NYC.

From Manhattan to the Red Hook Brooklyn Pier the directions are really simple.

They are

Feom anywhere on the west side of Manhattan

Take West Street/West side Highway to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Take the Hamilton Avenue exit just past the toll booths($4,50 toll) and make the first two lefts(making sure NOT to get back into the tunnel. Go Straight ahead to the light at Van Brundt street make a left and then the first right and you are at the Cruise Port....from most midtown NY hotels the cab ride inducing a 15% tip and the aforementioned toll should NOT be more than $40

From anywhere on the East side of Manhattan

Take the FDR to the Brooklyn Bridge Brooklyn Bridge to Brooklyn Straight ahead to Atlantic Avenue make the right at Atlantic Avenue, after going under the highway make the left(on Columbia street) and go straight ahead until you can't go anymore and make the right. go straight to the light at Van Brundt make the left and then a right as above(no toll this way the Brooklyn Bridge isn't tolled...yet) ---these are slightly changed directions from what I used to give in the past

Archived