Brilliance of the Seas

blubelle57

I am hoping to book a cruise for my husband and myself next year (he is a bit unsure whether he will enjoy cruising but I've almost talked him round). We like the itinerary for this ship in August and are wondering whether to go for a balcony or save the extra cost for excursions. Any opinions welcome:confused:

I guess it depends on how much the balcony will affect your cruise experience, how much more it costs, etc. It really comes down to personal preference. I love having a personal piece of outside decking that I can go read on, etc, but I usually won't pay an outrageous premium for one as I can usually grab a chair on the outside promenade and use that as "my balcony" when I'm in an inside room.

I just did the Brilliance August Venice itinerary and it was fabulous. We had an ocean view to save money. Our room was fine and I loved looking out the window and being that close to the water, but we are used to the balcony so for our Legend cruise next year we have a balcony. So it really is personal preference and how much you are willing to spend.

I agree with the above posts. Balconies are great if $ is no object. If so, save it for excursions, which can be pricey.

Not sure which itinerary you're doing, but also keep in mind that in some places, you are docking in the bowels of some very industrial ports - not much to see. In addition, these cruises are so port intensive, make sure you will be in your cabin enough to enjoy the balcony.

Archived