What would be the best tour time for Peggy's Cove?

I look at the webcam every day since some kind CCer posted the web address. I understand that mist/fog is a common occurrence there but we would like to take an excursion anyway. We will be in port on Tuesday, October 7. I have just realised that it is exactly four weeks from today! Way hay. :D I am wondering whether fog is more likely in the morning or the afternoon. Obviously we want to avoid it if at all possible. So do I book the 8:30am tour or the 12:45pm tour? Based on a balance of probabilities which would be the best please?

Check out the charts for high tides in the area. The fog usually comes in with the tide, and goes out with the tide. From my experience growing up in NS, fog is USUALLY more prevalent in the mornings.

Fog is less common in the the fall months although it does occur. I find that if it is going to burn off it has done so by about noon. If I were scheduling a ship's excursion to Peggy's Cove I would do so in the PM.

Having said that, we are meeting friends coming in on the Maasdam next Monday and taking them to Peggy's Cove in the AM!!! That is because we are responsible for getting them back to town in time to make the sailing. On a ship's tour it is their responsibility to get you back so take the tour that is less apt to encounter fog.

Archived