Early Disembarkment Barcelona

tvtd4u

I think I know the answer.

Early in the week I will go to Guest Relations and request an early disembarkment.

We dock on Sunday at 5am. Our flight is at 11:10am...Barcelona to LAX. We will get off the ship with rolling our luggage and hop on to a taxi and probably get to the airport by 8am? Plenty of time for checking in. Eating something etc.

Do you (fellow cruise critic posters) think I should pre-buy a voucher for a shuttle return to the airport? Or is "just grabbing a taxi" good enough.

Also, I don't need to contact NCL BEFORE my cruise to obtain the "early disembarkment?"

Thanks....!!!!!!!!!!

Shuttles are pretty much a way to DELAY your trip. You have to wait until the shuttle is full, until everyone is onboard, until the bags are taken care of. Possibly bags go in a separate truck.

Take a cab and be in charge or your trip.

To get a better idea of the actual time you can get off, check some of the roll calls from others doing the same trip, earlier dates. Get real life input and experience. And, keep an eye out for reviews of those getting off in Barcelona.

I don't think you need to request any type of early disembarkment. Just do the self-disembark method (which doesn't require any type of sign-up or anything - just grab your bags and walk off).

We went in June and our flight left Barcelona at 11:30am and we had no problem at all getting a taxi and getting to the airport in plenty of time. Also, a lot of airlines at Barcelona don't even open their ticket windows until 2 hours prior to departure. We got there by 8am and sat around waiting for an hour and a half before even checking in.

Need to be at the airport for about 8.30.

Do I have enough time? Does anyone know how long it takes to the airport in a taxi and what time I will be able to get off the ship if we take our own luggage?

Thanks

Archived