Photos taken by Princess lines

ocicat

I read somewhere that one cruise line is experimenting with scanning you card when the picture is taken & you can use their terminal to view all you photos for the complete cruise & only print the ones you want.

Think how much that would delay lines, such as when disembarking in a port as they take pictures when you get off the ship.

And, what about group pictures with more than one or two people in it. Scan all the cards for what could be 8 or more people? Even with just two people must scan both cards as the people may not be in the same cabin or even related.

That's exactly what I mentioned above about my in-laws cruise on RCI (Navigator anyway, not sure about other ships). They do swipe the card and take the picture. I think you check them on your cabin TV and pick them out from there, and they get delivered to you.

But I still don't think they'd sell as many.

Think how much that would delay lines, such as when disembarking in a port as they take pictures when you get off the ship.

And, what about group pictures with more than one or two people in it. Scan all the cards for what could be 8 or more people? Even with just two people must scan both cards as the people may not be in the same cabin or even related.

I really don't know that answer. I suppose the photog might scan everyone card in the group for association with the one photo. That seems a little time consuming. Still it must save a lot of bucks considering the cost of printing all the photo's or they might not scan any card in that situation & just print those for viewing.

As far as two people together, they surly must know each other so they can use either card for association.

Make sure you go to a photographer who is as tall or taller than you. We had our shots on formal night from a photog who was about 5 feet tall. He was VERY tiny. All our pictures came out looking like we had three chins (which we don't.) Good photos should never be taken from below your chin level.

Archived