Jet Blue on Ebay

KLLund

It appears that they have listed specific flights and days. Want to go to San Juan from NY on Sept 18 and return on the 21st then have at it. But the winning bidder is not picking the dates, For $40 pp you can change to earlier or later flights on the day of the flight, but no other changes are allowed.

Nervous that the carrier is using Ebay to sell off unsold flights or nervous to purchase those flights?

I think this is the beginning of a trend that will help airlines willing to test the Ebay marketplace out. Some of those flights have significant bids already and given the nature of Ebay they very well may go higher and higher. While there are some smart savy Ebayers out there there's just as many who in the end pay significantly higher prices just because they have to win or they think it's a great deal since it's on Ebay. If I had the ability to take off on a whim to destinations they have listed I'd be trying to win some of those flights. Since I have to be reliable and available in my business I can't take advantage nor can my dh.

I'll be watching those auctions closely to see how they do. Thanks for sharing the story and links with us :)

A great way to fill vacant seats...It will be interesting to see if other airlines do the same type of sales tactic..Kinda like the other airlines use to do on Wed.'s and Thurs.'s to fill vacant seats, but now-a-days the volumne of seats are less.

Bruton Branch:)

Archived