Thinking about Delta

FurKids

I fly Delta most of the time. It is no different than any other airline. The two things I can point out are the common time changes that all airlines are encountering and the ground time in Atlanta.

With any airline you must be vigilent and check for changes which can affect your travel. Seats are often kicked out online and a quick call will get this adjusted. The Delta agents are very good about assisting their flyers when there are changes.

Atlanta is a large airport and I know it quite well. I never book a flight with less than an hour ground time. 45 minutes is the "legal" connection time, but it's too close for me. Delta flies into each of the six concourses and all are connected by train. There are 36 gates in four of the concourses with the escalators to the train in the middle. It is rare to connect without a little ride. The CRJ's and similar small jets berth at the end of C concourse.

Good luck.

Grrr... I am still waiting on my rebate for my luggage fee. Still, I'd fly them and I disagree that they are like any other airline.

One big difference is that they are huge and unlikley to go close down, unlike other airlines.They also have lots of flights, so if one is canceled, you can catch another. Plus, as we speak, they are the only legacy to let you on with one free bag.

I just booked a return flight with Delta last night. I could have saved $15 by going with Spirit, but I don't trust them.

Archived