PVP Suggestions

1stcarnivalcruise

First of all I am very excited to find this forum. I love to plan every detail of our trips (also a Disney addict!!!). This will be our first Carnival cruise (did a Disney cruise in 06), we will be sailing (think I have the lingo!!!) on the Aug 15th Glory ship in 09. My mom's 60th and mine and my husband's 40th. Spent a few hours going thru pages here and have decided that booking directly thru Carnival with a PVP is more beneficial than using a TA.

BUT it seems that a good PVP would be great to have.

Does anyone have any names of a PVP that they would reccommend?

Also should I book sooner than later?

Thanks in advance, I am sure I will more questions........(please be patient.....)

I'd love to give you the name of my PVP. Unfortunately, it's against CC rules to do so.

When you call Carnival to book, hopefully you'll get lucky and get a great one. If not.....keep trying!

I think it's always better to book sooner rather than later. It's seem people get the best prices that way. And....if the price drops, you may get OBC!!

There are discounts to be had. For example: Military and Interline. Ask the PVP about the discounts....you never know what you may qualify for.

Good luck!

First of all I am very excited to find this forum. I love to plan every detail of our trips (also a Disney addict!!!). This will be our first Carnival cruise (did a Disney cruise in 06), we will be sailing (think I have the lingo!!!) on the Aug 15th Glory ship in 09. My mom's 60th and mine and my husband's 40th. Spent a few hours going thru pages here and have decided that booking directly thru Carnival with a PVP is more beneficial than using a TA.

BUT it seems that a good PVP would be great to have.

Does anyone have any names of a PVP that they would reccommend?

Also should I book sooner than later?

Thanks in advance, I am sure I will more questions........(please be patient.....)

It is against Cruise Critics quidelines to name TA's or PVP's. Sorry. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

This is a great place to begin your planning. So many people willing to help and offer advice.

The Glory is a great ship, our family sailed her last fall and had a blast. Enjoy your planning . . . it is ALMOST as much fun as the trip!

God Bless!

DH and I usually use the 1-888-CARNIVAL number, and speak to any PVP we can get....

That way, we never have issues about PVP's not ringing back.

We only ever got one PVP who didn't know her stuff....I knew more about her job than she did...she must have been new.... we just said 'thank you'... put down the phone and called another!

The rest have been great.... very helpful and professional.I'm very comfortable using just any PVP !!!

Only thing is when you dial 1 888 you are NOT getting a PVP you are calling the direct reservations desk and you won't get the same person twice when you call.

If you want a real PVP you need to call 1 800 819 3902 then hope you get an extension of one.

Only thing is when you dial 1 888 you are NOT getting a PVP you are calling the direct reservations desk and you won't get the same person twice when you call.]

They can always get my details on the screen.... and get me great OBC's and free upgrades... so they're good enough for me!!!!:)

Archived