Favorite thing to do in St. Martin?

outdrbik

St. Maaten is the best and cheapest place to by booze....Just so you know....Great beaches if you're into that. Orient beach (though part of it is clothing optional) is beautiful. On Front St...the one closest to the water to the right off the dock is a great little restaurant in a colonial style house that is killer. I always grab a couple appetizers there and a cold one.....On Back St.....you got it the one just past front street is Mama Guava's store. A must see. It is a store that everything in it is based on products made from guave berries.....The hot sauces are great and their liquor is wonderful......

The shop is interesting to say the least.....LOL.....

You might want to try the port of call board. Here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Personally, I love Orient Beach. It's absolutely beautiful, clean, and easy to get to from the port via taxi. However, it's on the French side of the island, so it's top-optional on one side and clothing-optional on the other side. It's not for everybody, so you might want to do some more research.

We went to Orient beach two years ago- we were the only ship in and it was dead. The owner of a beach front bar offerred us a deal we couldn't turn down- padded lounger, umbrella and two mix drinks for $9. The drinks were also real strong too:D

We were at Orient beach two weeks ago. The ocean is beautiful, and we saw maybe 3 topless woman at the most, no big deal. The restaurants and bars on the beach were a little run down. The restrooms cost 50 cents to use and are in bad shape. Two chairs and an umbella were $10 and to rent a ski doo it was $50 for a half hour which we thought was great. If your on a cruise that also visits St Thomas then go to Megans beach instead. If Orient is your only option its not real bad.

We took our boys to Maho Beach - right near the airport.

Watching those planes come in right over our heads was the coolest thing.....

and the shopping! Where else can you buy a Heineken for $1.00 and drink it right on the street..... ;)

Catrin

A $6 round trip boat ride gets you across the small bay, we had lunch at the Blue Bitch Bar and the conch fritters and Mahi sandwich were awesome. We did some shopping and stayed close to port, we were having to much fun just hanging out at the beach and drinking cheap beer.

I recommend Orient Beach. Easy to do on your own. Once you are dropped off just walk down the bech and find an area that you like. The beach bars are all side by side as you walk down. Some are cheaper than others. We picked Kakao and enjoyed our day there. The beach itself really is quite beautiful.

I spent 7 days in St. Maartin and had the pleasure of hanging out at all the beaches. Mayo is cool to see the planes come in and out but not good for swimming or laying out. Lots of blowing sand.

loved Dawn beach, great for swimming, snorkeling and laying out. They have 2 restraunts( the one not connected to the hotel has great food) chair and umbrella rentals, also snorkeling and float rentals.

Orient was my favorite by far, absolutely beautiful. They have a string of lolos (locally owned locally operated food stands) We went to the very first one when you top the hill and they took very good care of us, Great food which he told us " you dont like, you dont have to pay" We rented chairs from him also and got our drinks served right at our chairs (watch out really strong) I do not remember leaving, but I know I had a fantastic time ( hubby told me so). Also because we rented from him we got a pass for the bathrooms. They do charge you everytime. Nudity did not bother us but what was kind of strange was when they got dressed the spouse would hold up towels or sheets for privacy. We had already seen EVERYTHING :eek: so why bother now. :p

Orient was very nice. I also really enjoyed Maho and watching the planes come in. It woud have been even better if Sunset Beach Bar was still open. The week we were there was just after it was closed down. I understand the replacement is now up and running....but it will never be the same. The other beach I really liked was at Mullet Beach. Its not very far from Maho and the sand and water are beautiful. While it is still on the Dutch side, it is close enough to the French side that it is top optional for those who choose to reduce tan lines.

Archived