Any info on Spirit cabins 4498 & 5035?...

Luv4dacruise

Booking a cruise for my family next year, Mom and Dad require a handicapped cabin, so i was able to secure cabin# 4498 for them, its the only outside handicapped cabin on the ship, and appears to be much larger than even the other handicapped cabins on the ship.

Have also booked cabin # 5035 for my sister and her fiance cause it appears to be much larger than the other insides on the deck plans.

Im hoping i did good, was rather proud of myself actually.

Have already tried using google, webshots, cruisclues and a few other sites to get info on these 2 cabins, and came up with pretty much nothing.

Anybody here on CC have any first hand experience with either of these 2 cabins?....

Also, do the TV's in the cabins on the Spirit have jacks to be able to hook up an XBOX?....

Thanks in advance........

Booking a cruise for my family next year, Mom and Dad require a handicapped cabin, so i was able to secure cabin# 4498 for them, its the only outside handicapped cabin on the ship, and appears to be much larger than even the other handicapped cabins on the ship.

Have also booked cabin # 5035 for my sister and her fiance cause it appears to be much larger than the other insides on the deck plans.

Im hoping i did good, was rather proud of myself actually.

Have already tried using google, webshots, cruisclues and a few other sites to get info on these 2 cabins, and came up with pretty much nothing.

Anybody here on CC have any first hand experience with either of these 2 cabins?....

Also, do the TV's in the cabins on the Spirit have jacks to be able to hook up an XBOX?....

Thanks in advance........

My Dh had surgery a week before our Cruise on the Spirit in 2006. We were booked in an inside room at the time. He was pretty unfortable as it was so I inquites if they had any larget cabind to accomadate him. He had a neck brace, a cane and some other medical equipment. Thye said they were booked solid (Spring break!) but would call us if anything came up. After a couple hours we went back to our cabinad there was a message that they were moving us down the hall to a room that someone didn't show up for. It was the handicap room. It only had a porthole and even though you could fit 3 people (My adult son was with us) the thrid bed was more of a pull out mattress and it was like sleepig on the floor. Since there are only two fo them then they will each get a bed. It definately accomadated our needs and the mattress wasn't that bad. I thin it's large because it is in the bend of the ship. The only problem we had was the room steward's cart was always outside od our door.

One nice thing was that you are already on the deck where you tender off. We did have a problerm getting the elevator during disembarkation. After about 15 minutes of attempts we lugged our belonging up a couple flights of stairs. You may not want to do self disembarkation from there. I will try to post a picture of two of the cabin if I have something suitable.

Picutre # 1 Photo taken from porthole goingin to Nassau.

Piture #2 My son attempting to play the steel drum. I showed this one to show you the bed. The beds are lenghtwise up against the wall. I supposed you could have the room steward move them together if you want. There is a large space on the opposite side of the room for a wheelchair to turn around. The shower is accessable also (No lip so chair would roll in, water collects in drain outside th curtain as you take a shower.

Picure #3. See those portholes on the bottom? Count back six and that is their room.

Sorry I don't have better photos. I am not much of a room picture taker. Hope this helps.

Not sure about the TV's. I think the do have a hookup. I do recall bringing a Nintendo on a Carnival cruise once.

621425220_cruise-flood063.jpg.e6ffd0cda3b7e18b94232da9d1cf1255.jpg

1430412398_cruise-flood078.jpg.19e41929daac45d97db2c5b9a47269d4.jpg

1038465912_cruise-flood105.jpg.88111ea47e2e67ac60d99d0c2456b303.jpg

• 10 years later...
15 hours ago, NoCruiseYouLose said:

Cruise Deck Plan Database and Pictures has many pictures of cabin 5035.  Great source for researching cabins.

I subscribe to CDP and use it each time I research and have posted a few cabins myself.  It's a wonderful resource for sure!