Workout/sauna/steam room on Glory?

outdrbik

We are heading out on the Glory on Saturday and I am currently on Weight Watchers, I would love to continue my workouts on the Glory. Does anyone know how the gym and its classes are? Is there a Sauna or Steam room on the boat?

They have large gym located in front on the Spa deck, and they have all sorts of classes or you can do your own routine. They also have saunas in each locker room, (no coed saunas) and large whirlpools that are used by both men and women. They'll have a "tour" of the Spa/Gym at the beginning of the cruise, (it's more like a sales pitch), but they have some nice offerings, and they will give you a discount if you sign up on the first day. I got a couple of one hour full body massages, and they were a little pricey, but worth every penny. They also offer specails later in the week, so keep your ears and eyes open. :)

Yes, check out the deck plan.

There's a great view forward from the workout room. Not that I ever workout on a cruise. I try to just always take the stairs.

It was the first time I'd ever made use of the spa. We got in the pool/spa and sauna on both our sea days. The steam room was out-of-order on the 1st sea day, and the 2nd, it was too hot to sit in. I think they were a little over-zealous when the fixed it!

Nice showers. Beware of the shower heads, though! DD reached up to redirect hers and it came off and clunked her on the side of the head. Of course she didn't say anything until we were on our way home.

Nice facilities. Made me wish I'd taken advantage of the spa in the past. I have had a couple of beauty-sort of things on my first couple of cruises and decided they were way, way, way overpriced for what I got. Now, I do all that before I leave for the cruise.

I have never done the saunas on any of my cruises over the years. All I know of them is what I see on television (old fat men wearing towels) Glad to know they are not coed. :) What is the attire for the saunas? Do people really wear nothing but a towel? Just curious.

We went in wearing our swimsuits. We sat in the pool (it has a little waterfall) for a while, then the hot tub, then got out and rinsed off, then into the sauna, then into the real shower.

Nothing's co-ed except the pool/hot tub, workout room, the beauty/barber shop, etc. Separate locker rooms, sauna, steam room, showers.

I have never done the saunas on any of my cruises over the years. All I know of them is what I see on television (old fat men wearing towels) Glad to know they are not coed. :) What is the attire for the saunas? Do people really wear nothing but a towel? Just curious.

Some people wear less than that in single-sex saunas...

little scary to imagine! A few years ago UC Berkeley had a guy that went to class naked and I always thought that I would want to know which seats he sat on in each class. I imagine with naked people in the sauna I would feel the same way. I suppose I would wear a suit (in addition to my birthday one) should I choose to try out the sauna. :)

General spa etiquette requires showering before and after using the facilities. I don't imagine that there is much to worry about, as their bare bums are probably cleaner than the swimsuit of somebody who was sitting out on the deckchairs... In any case, when YOU shower after using the facilities, you will rinse anything of concern away... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived