StarPilot1960

Location?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Location?

• Forward/Port
    • Forward/Starboard
    • Aft/Port
    • Aft/Starboard

We will be booking our cruise (Carnival Miracle) at the end of this week. I cannot wait!

There are a few rooms left in the class we want. They are on the Panorama deck either clear up to the front or clear back by the suites. I am leaning towards the front as it is under the spa, right behind the bridge and *should* have an unobstructed view over undisturbed waters. The back would have the wake flowing out the whole time.

The other question is Port or Starboard? I am leaning towards Port as we would get the rising sun on the first 2 days only then we should have sunset views the remainder of the trip.

Does anyone else have suggestions/viewpoints that I am not thinking of?

We will be booking our cruise (Carnival Miracle) at the end of this week. I cannot wait!

There are a few rooms left in the class we want. They are on the Panorama deck either clear up to the front or clear back by the suites. I am leaning towards the front as it is under the spa, right behind the bridge and *should* have an unobstructed view over undisturbed waters. The back would have the wake flowing out the whole time.

The other question is Port or Starboard? I am leaning towards Port as we would get the rising sun on the first 2 days only then we should have sunset views the remainder of the trip.

Semper Fi.:) We were toward the aft on the Imagination and didn't have any problems at all. We prefer the port side of the ship as well basically for the same reasons as you.

If you have motion sickness issues, Aft is better than forward..... Ships seem to have more motion forward..... That up and down elevator thing... Even in the days of the Queen Mary sailing, the "tourist" (3rd class) rooms were forward.....

Tom in Long Beach

We will be finding out. My wife have discussed this for hours last night and we like the location/accessability of the forward/port cabin. Neither of us mind the motion part but reserve the right to change our mind. ;)

We are booking today and we are SOOOOOO excited!!! Just need to get the mundane (work/meetings) out of the way so I have 30 minutes to spend with our PVP.

You are grossly overthinking the whole thing. Other than your own sensitivity to motion, it hardly matters. You immediately eliminated the aft cabins and they are considered by many, me included, to be the best. But if no aft balconies are available we just do a balcony guarantee and don't even look to see what we get assigned. We are not bothered by the ships motion so, other than an aft balcony, they're all the same.

Dan

Archived