QM Carnival and Parking Questions

CruiseDreaming

This will be my first Carnival cruise and my first visit to the Queen Mary. Is it true that QM and Carnival Paradise share the same parking garage? Is it true that it costs like $12 a day to park? Does parking have to be paid in cash or can we use credit cards. The port of LA website says some are cash only, so I'm just trying to figure this out before we leave this weekend. Thanks!

Kerrie:)

Queen Mary and the paradise do share the same lot but there is PLENTY of parking. It is 12 dollars a day which seems like a rip to me but I know that it has good security and it is literally right there. From what I remember, we paid with a credit card on our last cruise but I could be wrong. When you say the port of LA says some are only cash do you mean some of their parking structures?

This is on the Carnival website:

How Do I Get to the Long Beach Cruise Terminal?

ADDRESS: 231 Windsor Way

Long Beach, CA 90802

Travel Time: 23 miles from Los Angeles International Airport; travel time is approximately 50 minutes.12 miles from Long Beach Airport; travel time is approximately 20 minutes.

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

Traveling from the Los Angeles area (north) -

Take the 405 Freeway south.

Take the 710 Freeway south.

Continue on the 710 Freeway south and follow the signs for the Queen Mary.

At the entrance to the Queen Mary, stay to the far right of the parking ticket taker for the Queen Mary; this lane is the entrance to the Long Beach Cruise terminal.

Follow the signs for Passenger Parking and Luggage Drop-Off area.

Traveling from the San Diego area (south)

Take I-5 north.

Take the 405 Freeway north.

Take the 710 Freeway south.

Continue on the 710 Freeway south and follow the signs for the Queen Mary.

At the entrance to the Queen Mary, stay to the far right of the parking ticket taker for the Queen Mary; this lane is the entrance to the Long Beach Cruise terminal.

Follow the signs for Passenger Parking and Luggage Drop-Off area.

PARKING: $12 per day (rates subject to change by Port Authority)

5-Story, 1450 space parking garage

Full payment due upon exiting the parking garage.

Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars; major credit cards.

No advance reservations required.

Oversized vehicles will be charged per parking space.

Handicap parking available with proof of valid permit.

Due to height restrictions in the garage, RV's may have to utilize the adjacent outdoor parking facilities.

This will be my first Carnival cruise and my first visit to the Queen Mary. Is it true that QM and Carnival Paradise share the same parking garage? Is it true that it costs like $12 a day to park? Does parking have to be paid in cash or can we use credit cards. The port of LA website says some are cash only, so I'm just trying to figure this out before we leave this weekend. Thanks!

Kerrie:)

The Paradise is at the Long Beach cruise terminal........not L.A.

They take MC & Visa, not Discover. Not sure about AMEX. I think it's worth $12 because it is covered parking - also cheaper than a lot of other ports.

Yes, much cheaper than other ports. Those of us that leave from Florida ports can pay as much as $20 a day for parking. Some offer free handicapped parking, but others do not.

Archived