Anybody book a balcony guarantee?

n2cruisin2

I have booked a balcony guarantee room and was wondering if anyone else has ever booked this kind of room and if so, when did you get notified of your cabin selection? We are a little over a month away from the cruise sailing date; and our room is paid in full (since the beginning of August).

I have also checked R/C website and have noticed there are quite a lot of balconies still available so I don't know why they haven't assigned the room.

Thanks for any and all replies.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason. I've booked guarantee staterooms in the past and have been assigned a stateroom the very next day. I've also heard of people who haven't known their stateroom until they arrived at the pier. It's all done by computer but I've given up a long time ago trying to figure it all out. Good luck.

I have a balcony guarantee room for a cruise that leaves on 9/21. I actually upgraded from a PR to an X guarantee because the balcony price at this level became more affordable. I called to make the change on a friday, I didnt see what room I had until 2 weeks later on a friday. I previously booked another level guarantee last year and knew in 2 days. On my last cruise, one of the couples in our group found out at the pier. I have tried to figure it all out myself, but the answer is... well its there is no answer as to "how long" you can expect to wait.:eek: I hope for you it is sooner than later :)

Booked our first guarantee balcony this week for our Brilliance cruise in December. We had booked an OV but this guarantee popped up and the price was the same so we grabbed it. Had a cabin assignment the next day, E1 very far forward. Having read on these boards that once assigned a category it was sometimes possible to change cabin locations, we emailed our (wonderful!) US TA and got it changed to an E1 midship. We are happy cruisers!:)

Sue

Yay!!! We've been assigned a cabin with only 36 days to departure.

Now I have another question--they have assigned us to one of the handicap access cabins. Can R/C reassign us to another cabin should a person who would need this type of cabin and decides to book the trip between now and sailing?

Booked 2 balcony guarantees knowing that they could be anywhere on the ship and of any description within that category. Also knew they could allocate the actual rooms anytime up until the sailing date.

In fact we got 2 adjoining cabins (best in category) near the elevators. The allocation was made within 3 days of the booking and we were very happy.

Now I have another question--they have assigned us to one of the handicap access cabins. Can R/C reassign us to another cabin should a person who would need this type of cabin and decides to book the trip between now and sailing?

Yes, with a guarantee they can change your cabin assignment at any time up until you board the ship.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived