Sail and Sign cards?

outdrbik

If I have an onboard credit of 200.00 can I use this for my initial deposit on the sail and sign account. My trip is payed for then I was layed off. I will be receiving a check from work however it won't be in my account until Monday night and we sail this Saturday. Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? I see on the Carnival website that they want a $200.00 deposit per person on the sail and sign card. Will I not be able to travel if I can't make the $400.00 deposit on the day of sailing?

Thanks

Do you have a credit card you can use? Can you borrow some money to put into your acct? I'd be very worried that there could be a snafu in the direct deposit. It would be terrible to be all concerned about something like that while on vacation.

good luck with your job hunt..

If I have an onboard credit of 200.00 can I use this for my initial deposit on the sail and sign account. My trip is payed for then I was layed off. I will be receiving a check from work however it won't be in my account until Monday night and we sail this Saturday. Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? I see on the Carnival website that they want a $200.00 deposit per person on the sail and sign card. Will I not be able to travel if I can't make the $400.00 deposit on the day of sailing?

Thanks

I've never heard of a $200 deposit pp on your sail & sign card. I know you have to pay $200 pp deposit when you book a cruise, but if your cruise is paid in full and you have $200 OBC then you are in good shape. Or did I not understand what you are saying or asking? Maybe i'm confused. :rolleyes:

I've never heard of a $200 deposit pp on your sail & sign card. I know you have to pay $200 pp deposit when you book a cruise, but if your cruise is paid in full and you have $200 OBC then you are in good shape. Or did I not understand what you are saying or asking? Maybe i'm confused. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the $200 OBC cause than the OP talks about $400 deposit. Not sure if he is saying for two people he will need to put down $400 and they each have $200 OBC.

If you are not securing your sail and sign with a credit card you need a cash deposit. I believe the amount varies with the number of days of the cruise. I'd have to make some other arrangements, sailing that broke would scare me to death.

Our first cruise we really pinched pennies and the hold on our credit card put us almost at the limit. We checked in port and found our income tax refund was in our bank acct.. the rest of the cruise was so much nicer. Since than our financial condition has improved but I still remember how tough it is to cruise on a small budget.

If you have an obc of $200 already and you choose a cash account instead of using a cc, you will be fine. The only problem would be if you exceeded your $200 prior to the time that your check is DD. If you have a cash account they do not require you to put a certain amount on your account as a hold/deposit. Just keep an eye on your sail & sign balance until you can add more funds on Monday. If you even need to add more funds that is. I had a $200 obc on my first cruise, I bought fun ship dollars to do this. My sail & sign was only $202. But that is me and we brought rum runner flasks with additional adult beverages, so that kept my s&s lower.

Enjoy your cruise, you can have a wonderful time without spending a lot of money on your S&S. Try not worry about it too much!:)

Karen

If you have an obc of $200 already and you choose a cash account instead of using a cc, you will be fine. The only problem would be if you exceeded your $200 prior to the time that your check is DD. If you have a cash account they do not require you to put a certain amount on your account as a hold/deposit. Just keep an eye on your sail & sign balance until you can add more funds on Monday. If you even need to add more funds that is. I had a $200 obc on my first cruise, I bought fun ship dollars to do this. My sail & sign was only $202. But that is me and we brought rum runner flasks with additional adult beverages, so that kept my s&s lower.

Enjoy your cruise, you can have a wonderful time without spending a lot of money on your S&S. Try not worry about it too much!:)

Karen

My mother and sister always use cash and have always been required to post a certain amount dependent on the length of their cruise.

Thanks

Have you prepaid your tips? They will be charged to your acct.

The OBC is great, but what they don't tell you is you will need to open your S&S Account with at least $5.00 cash (or a Credit Card number) to get the OBC to populate to the account. No one had told be either and I assumed it was there, when it wouldn't let me charge anything (like time for the Internet Cafe) so when I went to the Purser's desk, that's when they informed me I needed to put something on it to get it to open and allow the OBC to activate.

If you exceed or are near to exceeding the OBC amount, you'll get a note form the Purser's Desk that you need to put down more money or then give them a Credit Card for anything over and above.

Carnival recommends a certain amount but they do not require a certain amount for a cash account. They state on the website what will be charged as a hold for credit card use, however they state nowhere that there is a required amount to be placed for a cash account. The only statement made is that the pursers desk will contact you when you draw near to the funding limit.

As noted above if you have not pre-paid your gratuities they will automatically be charged to your sign and sail account the first day.

You can find the information at

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sail_And_Sign_On_Board_Account.aspx

Hope this helps!

Karen

Archived