SJU arrival at 3:00 from Michigan, ship leaves at 10 pm

jschafer6161

I can save $300 on airfare alone flying in the day of the cruise. We will arrive in San Juan at 3:00 and the ship doesn't leave until 10 on March 1. Michigan is tricky in early March. Would you do this, or spend the $500 in flight and hotel and go a day early? I'm planning on taking out insurance. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. In the past, we've always flown in a day early, but that was to Florida and cheaper at the time.

Depends on your tolerance for stress. Personally, I would go the day early and enjoy an evening in San Juan. Done it twice and will do it again! But you do have plenty of time to get from the airport to the port. Non-stop flight? If it is even better. Have to change planes? More worries. It's vacation, go early.

There is no question about it I would go in the day before. Even if the weather was picture perfect I would still fly the day before. There are just too many things that can go wrong from cancellations to delays. And weather is not always the factor. Could be mechanical issues, airport shutdowns, security breaches, computer issues, lack of flight attendants (yes that can happen) and the list goes on and on. For me, I would go in the day before then board the ship at 12:00 Noon the next day.

Keith

Archived