NEW class of Suites coming to CONQUEST class ships!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Slightly OT - but, speaking of room service... I saw on the Glory last week that they had modified their room service menu to offer a few "hot" options. The new room service menu has been floating around recently, I just was not aware that it had made it to the Glory. What was interesting is that when you order a Reuben it comes with MAYO instead of Russian or Thousand Island dressing. The SECOND time I ordered it I pointed out to them that they were not making them in a traditional way (I don't know WHY I waste my time telling them that...) and that I would like NO MAYO and ADD Thousand Island dressing. When it arrived it was exactly the same as before, but they were kind enough to send along a side of Thousand Island dressing.

To continue OT for a moment since you've brought it up, I tried the new sliced steak and cheese sandwich last week and it was really good. Worth a try on one of your next cruises.

To continue OT for a moment since you've brought it up, I tried the new sliced steak and cheese sandwich last week and it was really good. Worth a try on one of your next cruises.

Is that the one that they say is SLICED NEW YORK STRIP w/BRIE?

I thought it might be different, but when it arrived it was the same old (though I have always enjoyed it) Roast Beef and Brie sandwich.

I usually get one of those each sailing... and one of these, and one of those - and two of those little things to please - LOL :D

Tom

Is that the one that they say is SLICED NEW YORK STRIP w/BRIE?

I thought it might be different, but when it arrived it was the same old (though I have always enjoyed it) Roast Beef and Brie sandwich.

I usually get one of those each sailing... and one of these, and one of those - and two of those little things TOO please - LOL :D

Tom

Too, to, two... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I will do my best to take some pics of the area. Since I will be on Liberty right after the change.

That would be great - just make sure you get onboard early, then wander right by... the door should be open!!

Since we are nearing the end of September, they should be offering up those suites for booking soon. Have you called to see what the premium might be over what you are in now? It would be interesting to see just how much they are going to "value" these cabins!

I mentioned something on another thread - something which (if I do say so myself) Carnival should consider... take the Cat 9 aft corners on Conquest class ships, cannibalize an adjacent Cat 8 and put together a nice multi-room suite there!!

Tom

This is gonna be a great cabin for the single cruiser like myself who travels with friends they can have the bedroom and i will take the sofa bed and have my own bathroom. And want have to pay the single rate and get a big balconey !! did anyone notice the walk in closet on the other side of the master bathroom

That would be great - just make sure you get onboard early, then wander right by... the door should be open!!

Since we are nearing the end of September, they should be offering up those suites for booking soon. Have you called to see what the premium might be over what you are in now? It would be interesting to see just how much they are going to "value" these cabins!

I mentioned something on another thread - something which (if I do say so myself) Carnival should consider... take the Cat 9 aft corners on Conquest class ships, cannibalize an adjacent Cat 8 and put together a nice multi-room suite there!!

Tom

I think that would PO a lot more people then it would please. ;)

I think that would PO a lot more people then it would please. ;)

Well, in the name of "progress" - sacrifices must be made! :D

Perhaps they could do that on ONE deck... as long as they planned it far enough out, so that they don't have to BUMP someone from a booked Cat 8, I can only see the pluses of such a change. That, of course, is MHO !!! HOWEVER, it they did that, they would then need to recoup not only the expense of said modification, but also the loss of revenue from that Cat 8 balcony which would be gobbled up. I picture quite the rate hike for a corner such as that.:eek:

Out of curiosity I just called Carnival - they do not yet show 9199 or 9200 in their system for the 11/1/08 Liberty sailing. Apparently this is not yet "late September". Or, more likely, this is a big corporation with many better things.... oh, never mind!!! :o

Tom

Great info! Did your source elude to any idea on how much these might cost?

No idea...

Tom

Tom

deckplan

0331222385751608_DECKOVER.gif

Interesting! I looked at Carnival.com for those, but did not come up with anything... Those are suites (I suppose) immediately aft of the new cabins - they sure get shortchanged w/regard to balcony size!!!

Tom

Good information. I knew about them, but had not seen a drawing.

Have you seen the plans for the new Spa cabins they are also adding on spa deck? They will be nice as well. Also non smoking. I think they are also adult only.

No I haven't. I evidently missed that somewhere!!!

Tom

Talk about creepy ~ I had a dream last night that I was upgraded to a fancy new suite with a big square balcony. This was BEFORE I'd heard/read about the new rooms. (Of course in my dream there was a hottub on the balcony....don't see that in the plans)

I will be on the first sailing after drydock ~ I'll try to sneak a pic if they're ready.

Talk about creepy ~ I had a dream last night that I was upgraded to a fancy new suite with a big square balcony. This was BEFORE I'd heard/read about the new rooms. (Of course in my dream there was a hottub on the balcony....don't see that in the plans)

I will be on the first sailing after drydock ~ I'll try to sneak a pic if they're ready.

That is odd! Since you mentioned a HOT TUB, I'm thinking that you might want to bring along one of those inflatable kiddie pools --- just in case you DO get the upgrade!!! :D

Tom

!

Tom

Im sailing solo this time, so the price of the cabin would be almost $5500. The normal double occupancy rate is currently $2799.

Just looked at a April 2010 cruise, The new "Deluxe Penthouse Suite" is $3019.00. It is $1000 more than a "Penthouse Suite" and $1600 more than a Cat 11 Suite. I wonder if the Up/Down Motion and the windy deck is worth it?

Booooooooooooo.

I wonder if that means they will be stealing my forward observation area on deck 9 on top of the bridge? Looks like they might be putting that prime over wing real estate to use.

Yes it looks like they are doing away with "the secret door deck".....I've taken some very nice pictures from up there..I've seen the layout since I posted this and it looks like they will leave the middle of the secret door deck there......Dennis

Maybe I missed it, but when does she come out of drydock? Though I'm not happy about losing access to the bridge wings, I would like to see some pictures of what this is going to look like. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how they are doing this, since the fronts of the decks slope diagonally up/aft.

Archived