Any other Atlantis alumns getting bored with the entertainment?

Atlcple

My partner and I were just on the London to Barcelona cruise and had a great time, but for the first time we really found ourselves really bored with the same old shows at night. I mean how many times can you see Pam Ann, Shann, Ms. Richfield cruise after cruise and not get bored out of your minds? Don't get me wrong we love the Atlantis cruises, all 16 that we have taken, but now we are finding ourselves getting bored by the same old stale entertainment. I think Atlantis does a great job and there repeat business is phenominal but they need to keep it "fresh" too. Anyone other alumns feeling the same way?

You hit the nail on the head with that statement. My last Atlantis sailing was in 2001 and I was tired of Ms. Richfield then, 16 times for Atlcpl is quite a lot of the same entertainment. Do they still have the hypnotist (?). The party themes were also getting a bit stale. That said, you're correct, they are fantastic vacations and Rich Campbell is a great businessman, I have a lot of respect for him. Time for some freshening up though.

Happy Sailing :)

Pam Ann did a fantastic show with some new stuff for me, but it had been a while. I think I skipped her last cruise. Shann however just recycled the same old stuff. She needs some new material or a break. There was a great new "Shann", her name escapes me at the moment, that brought some freshness to the comedy. Even Alec, and I love him dearly, just recycles the same stuff. At least once a year they should retool in my opinion.

After 18 cruises with Atlantis, yes they can get a bit tiring. But in Rich's defense, I have been on cruises without some regulars and people get upset that their "favorite" is not aboard. Just as the population at large, we come in all stripes and flavors and he does a pretty decent job of trying to balance something for everyone. But he really should require them to freshen their show at least annually.

As for the parties, over the years some of them have been retooled and replaced. But can you imagine a cruise without the white party? Without the localized variation on the Mardi Gras theme (Carnivale, Masquarade)? Without the Classic Disco? And the dog tag serves its purpose for seeing who is single for the single boys. There are those few that just are so ingrained in the Atlantis product and are so popular that they have to stay. There are those who want a Leather party, or an underwear party, etc. Unfortunately the whole ship does not want a leather party. It is possible to wear leather to any party and fit in. They have the "Lure of Leather" gatherings and everyone can agree to wear their leather one particular night and make it a leather party for them. I'm not picking on the leather boys, just using it to illustrate that Rich must market to the masses but there are still ways for everyone to enjoy whatever they want on these cruises.

We have started doing all the more "exotic" itineraries where we care more about what we are seeing in ports, still enjoy the parties, but can comfortably skip some entertainment and not be exhausted at the end of the cruise. :)

TBC

In some respects the fact that I have seen the same many times means I am there too many times:D

I find the best entertainment are the passengers:cool: . Me I love a good comedian, and a great piano bar entertainer. As I am not a big dancer, all the big dance parties are just a visual thing for me.

The sun, the pool, the gym and dinner keep me occupied I guess.

If, there was one new act Atlantis should book is Amy and Freddie (who do the RSVP cruises). No matter how many times I see her...its fabulous. Never a repeat act.....always fresh, funny, exciting and a packed crowd. Believe me its standing room only.

It should be easy to get her...same company doing the booking.

Hey Rich, if you are reading this.....book her........she is the best.

I expect to see her on the Eurodam in feb....what entertainment there will be on the Asia cruise remains to be seen.....but the sights should suffice.

And Rodraad.......I expect to see you dancing the night away with those sexy soccer legs of yours:rolleyes:

If, there was one new act Atlantis should book is Amy and Freddie (who do the RSVP cruises). No matter how many times I see her...its fabulous. Never a repeat act.....always fresh, funny, exciting and a packed crowd. Believe me its standing room only.

It should be easy to get her...same company doing the booking.

Hey Rich, if you are reading this.....book her........she is the best.

Sorry to disappoint, Tom, but Rich specfically said at the "Ask Atlantis Anything" session that he would NOT use RSVP entertainers on Atlantis and vice versa. :( I think it's part of his "keeping the brands separate" strategy.

I think they do need to spice things up. :o

I posted the same message on the MSN Atlantis Events message board and Rich actually responded.

http://groups.msn.com/AtlantisEvents/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=10542&LastModified=4675689896026784988

As you will see a few others have made some good suggestions on new acts, so who knows maybe Rich will contact some of them for future shows. :D

This is most likely RSVP blasphemy, but I don't have to see Amy and Freddie on every RSVP cruise! Yes, they are good (and yes, it is standing room only) but I would like to see some variety. Now please, RSVP, don't go messing with Church Bingo cause a lot of us will be very unhappy if Sister Helen Holy isn't around to play with all them balls.

As for themed parties, I think RSVP does a good job mixing things up even while keeping the leather and underwear staples. On the Caribbean Princess it was the Leather/Construction party and that gave and atlernative to those don't do leather. And the underwear party is so easy to pack for... :D

When it comes down to it, all the entertainment I need is provided by the passengers and crew in the way of eye candy.

Fuzzy bears

Shaved heads

6 packs, poney kegs, full kegs (all with happy/ love trails)

Speedos

Tan lines

Smiling faces

laughter

low hanging jeans on way too sexy hips

Muscle shirts and tanks tops

board shorts that get soooo klingy when wet

Sarongs

Boxer shorts

Then there are the fashion shows at night when you see all the personal styles that emerge from cabins

Schedules shows are OK, but sitting back and watching the passengers and crew go by....as Austin Powers would say...."Oh behave" (even though I resemble Dr evil):D

Archived