Celebrity Solstice in Europe

SAN

I just took a look at Celebrity's website and Solstice. After viewing the pictures, I don't think I would get off the ship to visit the ports. I am almost tempted to book a cruise in Europe even though I said I would never get on a gigantic ship. Any one else feel the same way? Can't wait until I read the reviews.

We booked it for the Med. in May. I agree... it looks GORGEOUS!!! I am so excited to see the pictures come in. I am not interested in the negative reviews, so will stick to the positive ones. At least by the time I said in Europe, it will have done 2 TA's and been at it awhile. She sure looks like a beauty though. I can't wait!!!:D First time I have not cared about how many sea days there are...

we are booked for a Carib cruise on Solstice & agree the ports are not very exciting...been there /done that but we do like St Kitts The ship is the main reason for that cruise...

We are also booked for an E Medit cruise on Solstice . The ship seems very large for a medit cruise but the ports are definitely the main reason for the cruise!

Looking forward to enjoying both of these cruises!

we are booked for a Carib cruise on Solstice & agree the ports are not very exciting...been there /done that but we do like St Kitts The ship is the main reason for that cruise...

We are also booked for an E Medit cruise on Solstice . The ship seems very large for a medit cruise but the ports are definitely the main reason for the cruise!

Looking forward to enjoying both of these cruises!

Hi HCat:

We have a December 7/08 Caribbean cruise booked, and a May 25/09 Med cruise booked.

I would have taken any Celebrity or RCCL ship in the Med, but the Solstice ended up having the best itinerary and prices at the time we wanted to cruise. Of course, they've cancelled Rhodes on us, but we get more time in Ephesus and an extra sea day. Normally, I wouldn't have wanted an extra sea day in the Med...I can do sea days in the Caribbean without the cost of flying to Rome, but at least there is lots for us to explore on the Solstice.:)

I expect her to be even more beautiful in person than she looks in the computer renderings, which, no matter how well done, always look a little stiff to me.

Archived