Help Pick Our Cruise!

beachbev

This is a hands-down easy decision given that you are taking your two kids during spring break...

Princess is not at all about kids... and the passengers on Princess are about 10 years older on average than those folks cruising Carnival.

Definitely select a Carnival cruise if you are taking kids.

Best of luck. :)

I would have to agree! I think Carnival is the absolute best when it comes to kids! I have also heard that Princess is not as involved as Carnival with kids but I do not have little ones to know from experience. I have however seen them in Camp Carnival and heard that parents have a hard time getting them to leave...so that says something! How old are the kids that are going???

Have a great trip no matter which you choose!

Hello all

If I can add my two cents.First of all I was wondering how old your children are. The reason I ask that is I would like to say that Carnival is exellent with children. How ever this past March break I was on the Carnival Valor and had a great time.I'am a retired Captain and I was taken back a couple of steps when we saw a number of intoxicated university students not being very descret in what and where they had their antics in public view. It was not all of the younger kids but it only takes once to leave a bad taste in someones mouth. Haveing worked with many shipping lines this happens on differnt lines that the younger crowd can afford to sail on.So it is up to you.

Carnival Legend (exotic Western) or Ruby Princess (Western). It is for Spring Break w/ 2 kids. We usually go RCCL. We want to try a different ship! We love both itineraries too. SO TORN... HELP

I would go Carnival. The legend is a nice ship, a lot of familys and Tampa Is a great port to sail from

Carnival. We've been on almost all cruise lines, including RCL and Princess. Carnival. Not just for the family friendly environ - the basic cabins are about 40 sf bigger, and the entertainment better,. along with the food. Carnival

I can't tell you wich to choose, but I can tell you the Legend is a great ship and it has a great itinerary AND sailing out of Tampa is wonderful.

Also a spring break cruise that is 7 days long isn't as 'bad' as a shorter spring break cruise.

I'm sure whatever ship you choose will be great but depending on the age of your kids, you may want to look into what Princess offers. CCL is great for kids but I don't think Princess offers as much for children.

I don't think you can go wrong whichever ship you sail. I prefer the itinerary of the Legend primarily because I do not care for Jamaica. Also, the Legend is one of the most popular Carnival ships with lots of positive feedback. Ice cream is available on Carnival for free all of the time but Princess has a limited time daily for free ice cream. The Legend is a smaller ship and holds fewer passengers accordingly. You can get a balcony cabin on the Legend for much less than the price of a balcony cabin on Princess. However, the Ruby Princess is a brand new ship. We are sailing on her in November and can't wait. Ruby has MUTS (Movies Under the Seas) and the Legend does not. The Ruby Princess has anytime dining while I believe the Legend still offers traditional seatings only so with kids you may want to consider the dining options. I have read that Carnival is testing open dining on some of its ships so maybe someone else knows more about recent offerings and can comment. One thing that I am concerned about the Ruby is the frequent Cruise Critic comments about the crowding on her sister ships Crown and Emerald including difficulty finding seats in theaters at shows. My sister is bringing her young kids (9, 7, and 5) on our Ruby sailing so we have high hopes for the kids programs. My husband and I alone are booked on the Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean later this year. So, as you can see, I am open to both experiences. This thread is on the Carnival boards so you really should post over at Princess as well to get some different perspectives. Have a fun and relaxing cruise.

We have been on the Crown Princess with our son who was 12 at the time and he had a great time. But we also have been on the Conquest and Valor with him and he said he like them just as much. The big difference is Carnival has bigger rooms, a water slide, better food and free ice cream 24 hours. The princess has movies under the stars, fresh water pools and better entertainment.

We are going on the Legend for the first time on May 31, 2009. I have read a lot of good reviews and has a good itinerary. Oh and this ship is trying the anytime dining.

So if it were me I would go for the cheapest of the two. Because you will have a great time on both.

Archived