Funny Enchantment Coincidence

just got off the Sept. 6-11th sailing on the Enchantment of the seas. great time, service was amazing and so was the food... its funny, the last 2 cruises (Sovereign this past 7/08 and Monarch this past 5/08) were not as good in every category. I'll post a full review soon, but anyone with doubts about the Enchantment--- its my favorite ship and I still can't get over how great the service was.

Here's the funny coincidence. I'm sitting in an On the Border restaurant today watching the game on espn, and here comes a commercial for "Cash for Gold" or something like that... low and behold the spokesperson was PAUL RUTTER, our cruise director!! I even googled when I got to work and found out he does a lot in tv, something that interests me as a television meteorologist.

Just thought I'd chime in with that info. What a great cruise, and as soon as I get some free time here, I'll post a full review.

Yes, I've seen that commercial also. It took a minute to hit me that that was Paul from the EOS. I'm actually not crazy about Paul Rutter as a CD, and it seems, unfortunately, that he's the CD for the last several trips I've made on the EOS and will be again this week. :( Oh well, the great ship and service will make up for it! Can't wait to be back on my favorite ship!

just got off the Sept. 6-11th sailing on the Enchantment of the seas. great time, service was amazing and so was the food... its funny, the last 2 cruises (Sovereign this past 7/08 and Monarch this past 5/08) were not as good in every category. I'll post a full review soon, but anyone with doubts about the Enchantment--- its my favorite ship and I still can't get over how great the service was.

Here's the funny coincidence. I'm sitting in an On the Border restaurant today watching the game on espn, and here comes a commercial for "Cash for Gold" or something like that... low and behold the spokesperson was PAUL RUTTER, our cruise director!! I even googled when I got to work and found out he does a lot in tv, something that interests me as a television meteorologist.

Just thought I'd chime in with that info. What a great cruise, and as soon as I get some free time here, I'll post a full review.

Cool. I wish I'd seen that commercial. I DID see Paul on YOUR cruise because I was there, too. He's my all time favorite.

To me, most CDs tend to try to BE the show. Paul does a great job of leading all the shows and making the guest the star or the cruisers the stars when appropriate - as in the L&M game show. I find him to be funny, spontaneous and very approachable as a person.

Paul looks great in a 70s 'fro, too. Did you go to the 70s dance party in the centrum? I can't wait to go to it again during my 9/20 cruise. Now that I know there's a 70s theme going on, I'm going to bring my best flower power skirt for the party. :D

Yael, I tend to book my EOS cruises just because Paul is on board....of course Julian must be there, too. Who cares if the water is yellow as long as my favorite people are on board.

Boo hoo....my favorite Chops watier - Zoltan - has resigned to start a restaurant in Hungary. :( And my favorite dining room waiter - Ismail - is on the Independence of the Seas now.

Gina

Hey Weatherman.....did you notice or have any problems with all the brown/rust water complaints on board?

It's actually a very light pee color. And they claim the issue will be resolved in the next couple of sailings. I will be able to verify these claims on 9/20 when I cruise EOS again. We'll see if we get the same story. :rolleyes: ;)

Gina

It's actually a very light pee color. And they claim the issue will be resolved in the next couple of sailings. I will be able to verify these claims on 9/20 when I cruise EOS again. We'll see if we get the same story. :rolleyes: ;)

Gina

So let me see if I have this correct?...you will be on 2 Enchantment cruises and one 14 DAY Panama Canal cruise all in 60 days? Did you win the lottery, or are you just trying to get to D+???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it true, you are going on the Canal cruise because you want to see monkeys in Panama?:eek:

BILL:D

So let me see if I have this correct?...you will be on 2 Enchantment cruises and one 14 DAY Panama Canal cruise all in 60 days? Did you win the lottery, or are you just trying to get to D+???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it true, you are going on the Canal cruise because you want to see monkeys in Panama?:eek:

BILL:D

I am almost being paid to take my next EOS cruise. Let's see....$239 for a large interior for 5 nights. No fuel surcharge due to this being reserved with a "next cruise" booked before the surcharge went into effect. $50 next cruise on board credit. $50 shareholders on board credit. Man, I can eat more than I'm paying. :D

Gotta save somewhere to afford the PC. ;)

Gina

Me, too. He's not a show stealer but does a great job leading up to the shows. He's a nice man, too. Here I am with him at the Captain's reception on 9/7/08.

Gina

Gina, here's a picture of me with Paul, although it's blurry. It was at Quest after I had been biting a hole into my sock. Duh!!!:D :rolleyes: :p

P4160053-1.jpg

Weatherman, sorry we didn't actually get to meet last week. I have to agree, we had a wonderful time too.

Paul was pretty funny, both at the Quest & Love & Marriage. OMGosh, were you at that show? How funny was that little old lady? lol

As far as the water is concerned... we were in a balcony on 7 & it was very hardly noticeable. It was not every time but only a couple of times I noticed it at all. I think I noticed it in the morning when I brushed my teeth. No funny taste or anything.

Enchantment is a great experience.

Kelly,

Where are your shoes, or had you eaten those?:p

I leave Sat. for my b2b.:D

Oh, God, Collette, the more I think about it, it wasn't even my sock; it was my friend Mary's sock!!:eek: I had sandals on and couldn't run in them, so I was running around in my bare feet as I was team captain. Hey, have a great B2B. I'm jealous!

(P.S. Did you know that all socks have a hole in them, even before you bite a hole into them?!!:p)

Gina, here's a picture of me with Paul, although it's blurry. It was at Quest after I had been biting a hole into my sock. Duh!!!:D :rolleyes: :p

P4160053-1.jpg

Oh yeah! Quest with Paul. That WAS a riot for us. It sounds like you had quite a time yourself. :D

I missed it last cruise. I hope to make it there next week.

Gina

Archived