Is this just me? Princess web site seems a little…

pluto107

Is this just me? Princess web site seems slow at times. After I received my booking numbers few days ago, I’ve been trying to reserve shore excursion through “cruise personalizer”; it came back an error message. I even called their 800# and the representative told me that function is down and they’re fixing it. But it’s been days… :(

I wonder if anyone else experiences similar difficulty... Thanks!

Is this just me? Princess web site seems slow at times. After I received my booking numbers few days ago, I’ve been trying to reserve shore excursion through “cruise personalizer”; it came back an error message. I even called their 800# and the representative told me that function is down and they’re fixing it. But it’s been days… :(

I was just checking something on my booking at princess.com and all is working fine for me. No slowness to it and no error messages.

I'm not an IT expert by any stretch of the imagination...BUT given what I have been told by ship IT personnel there is a bottleneck caused by their servers which are located in Los Angeles. From what I understand everything, including the shipboard internet is funneled through this bottleneck. Everything also is given an access priority (shipboard internet is near the bottom, if not at the bottom) so that when the broadband traffic level is high (or when the system is undergoing maintenance), the lower level priority items will crawl if not come to an outright stop. This certainly explains why ship internet has at best proved to be downright unreliable for me.

There are a number of fixes possible for this problem, but given the immensity of the Princess system they would involve a pretty penny AND the purchase of considerably more internet bandwidth. Not sure if that's worth it right now given the occupancy level that their ships currently enjoy and the returns that Carnival stockholders are currently getting for their money...but that's not my call.

Archived