Beer Lady

kjwinston

Yes, hard to believe but, I married a "Beer girl." Is there a beer list of what M-Class ships offer. How much is a beer on board, and is there any "dark" beers? How about a beer punch or card? Buying a barrel / pitcher of beer? I am a wine drinker and see all kinds of specials on wine. Anything at all for the Beer lovers of the world?

Thanks for your answers ahead of time. Becuase of the micro brews beer is getting more popular again. ;)

DH swears that the draught Heineken at the pool bar is the best deal on the ship. It's (as of 4/09) $4.50 for 16 oz. vs $4.25 for a bottle of domestic beer. There are also bucket of beer specials offered (selected brands). They offer many different bottles but I just can't remember what they are.

Yes, hard to believe but, I married a "Beer girl." Is there a beer list of what M-Class ships offer. How much is a beer on board, and is there any "dark" beers? How about a beer punch or card? Buying a barrel / pitcher of beer? I am a wine drinker and see all kinds of specials on wine. Anything at all for the Beer lovers of the world?

Thanks for your answers ahead of time. Becuase of the micro brews beer is getting more popular again. ;)

I was wondering the same thing. We will be on our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska 9/19/08, and my DH is a beer lover to say the least!!! He's dying to know what kinds of beer are offered and the cost.

Is is ever possible to bring beer from the Alaskan brewerys onboard or does he have to sample them in port? Thanx;)

Bring what you like in your luggage with a collapsible insulated lightweight fabric cooler. Politely ask your smiling cabin steward to keep it filled with ice (place a towel underneath to catch condensation/drips, etc. Place

a few bottles inside - cold beverage at a fraction of the =X= price in

your cabin whenever you want it.:)

If she's a 'beer girl' I'm sure she'll find something, the selection wasn't as bad as a lot of US land resorts

IIRC, you had your option of the regular domestic US swill (Bud,Miller etc), some imported swill (Corona,Fosters,Molson), some acceptable but hardly inspiring lagers (Heineken, Stella), and a couple of decent beers (ales) Boddingtons,Guiness.

This was a couple of years ago, but I was able to find something drinkable, and I am a bit of a beer snob

My husband is also a bit of a beer snob and many of his favourites are Belgian! We lived in Brussels for 3 years and he tried over 400 different kinds. Some of his Belgian favourites are available in Australia but they are really expensive, so now they are reserved as a special weekend treat. He would be so happy if he could get some good beer on board. Failing that, we will stick with the martinis!

Archived