Pac Sun - Slide removal...

dan08

I can confirm the reason as to the removal of the waterslide.Apparently during recent board room discussions Anne Sherry expressed concern at the Rhapsody of The Seas rock climbing wall stealing some of P&O's advertising clout.

Therefore the Pacific Dawn will be making an unscheduled dry dock at the end of her next cruise.The stairs from the waterslide will be attached to the funnel of the Pacific Dawn,enabling passengers to climb to the top of the funnel giving all those fit enough to make the climb a hitherto unparalled view of the pacific islands.

The actual slide has been relocated to the PD dining room where it is being used to transport dirty plates and cutlery to the kitchens below.

LMAO!!

I can confirm the reason as to the removal of the waterslide.Apparently during recent board room discussions Anne Sherry expressed concern at the Rhapsody of The Seas rock climbing wall stealing some of P&O's advertising clout.

Therefore the Pacific Dawn will be making an unscheduled dry dock at the end of her next cruise.The stairs from the waterslide will be attached to the funnel of the Pacific Dawn,enabling passengers to climb to the top of the funnel giving all those fit enough to make the climb a hitherto unparalled view of the pacific islands.

The actual slide has been relocated to the PD dining room where it is being used to transport dirty plates and cutlery to the kitchens below.

haha.gif.8814cce22f2fafdfcc07da59a543626e.gif love your style..............cheers shiona

I have a reply,

Thankyou for emailing Carnival Australia.

It is true the waterslide on the Pacific Sun has been removed and will not be being replaced, although we do not have any details of when the updated pictures

will be displayed on our web-site, I can provide the following details of the refurbishment.

Passengers on P&O Cruises’ Pacific Sun can now relax in a new child-free Oasis spa retreat – the highlight of a multi-million dollar revamp of the ship.

Other new features include an ocean-view gym and a coffee bar, as well as a fresh new look for the 47,000-tonne liner, which has been repainted in P&O Cruises’ classic all-white livery.

Overseen by Australian design firm McRae & Lynch, the refurbishment has created even more ways for passengers to relax and enjoy their time at sea.

At the top of the list is the transformation of the ship’s top sun deck into an inviting Oasis retreat, featuring chocolate brown wicker daybeds, lounges, tables and ottomans and a new whirlpool spa. Recognising Australians’ love of a good coffee, P&O Cruises has also created a coffee shop, the Outback Bar.

Meanwhile, the ship’s library has been refurbished, enabling it to transform at night into an elegant Steakhouse offering an intimate dining experience. Under the changes, passengers will be able to work off their gourmet meals in a new gym area with views over the ship’s wake. The former gym area has been transformed into a relaxation room for the ship’s popular Lotus Spa, giving passengers another space to chill out.

We hope to have answered your enquiry, however if you do require further information, please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69.

Kind Regards

It appears that Kylie has gotten her facts right today. Not that she told me much that i didnt already know.

Cheers,

Kirsten

You forgot the rest, Cruise in style with the best views in the South Pacific but P&O can also boast the fastest way to disembark!

No more slow tender queues, not on P&O folks!

Perhaps it will grace the cover of the latest P&O mag!

Oh, and I hear the Kirsten is the offical photographer for the P&O fun ship. Hope you don't mind me altering your photo :o

pac_sun_funnel_slide.jpg

What a crack up.:D

Do you think they want to turn the Pac Sun into an adults only ship.

They seem to have taken all the fun away from the kids. First they take away the slide and who knows where the Kids club has gone. Back on the grass with the water slide I suppose.:confused:

Karen

You forgot the rest, Cruise in style with the best views in the South Pacific but P&O can also boast the fastest way to disembark!

No more slow tender queues, not on P&O folks!

Perhaps it will grace the cover of the latest P&O mag!

Oh, and I hear the Kirsten is the offical photographer for the P&O fun ship. Hope you don't mind me altering your photo :o

pac_sun_funnel_slide.jpg

Stop! I have tears running down my face. :D:D:D

Poor Kylie - can just see her walking out of office tonight to go home rocking from side to side (b*%$@Y CC'ers)

Their office is not far from mine maybe I should go and case the joint ;)

Glenda

My DH thinks that maybe the slide is the new way to exit the ship. If it is extended and the volume of water increased it would shoot the 'guests' over the side and the tender can pick them up out of the water. No life jackets so I guess it's too bad if you don't get picked up.

Ruth

Oh glenda, you crack me up. By all means keep using my photos, we could redesign a new ship. Have a great time on the cruise on saturday. I am sory i wont be able to wave all you guys off as we are going away this weekend. I will try to come down and wave you back the following week.

I dont think that kylie exisit either. I think it is a generic name that they use. the email came from (a different . name) @ carnival.com.au so i think they just use kylie as a name so noone can get in trouble for what they type.

Another ploy of P&O. Have a great day everyone, i better go and do some work. I tried to post a reply last night but the thread seemed to be down.

Cheers,

Kirsten

What a crack up.:D

Do you think they want to turn the Pac Sun into an adults only ship.

They seem to have taken all the fun away from the kids. First they take away the slide and who knows where the Kids club has gone. Back on the grass with the water slide I suppose.:confused:

Karen

I agree, the Pacific Sun's clients were generally families...what are they trying to do lose customers???

I like the expensive cruise ships as well but if I am travelling with my daughter or grandaughters I look for a ship that has the appropriate environment for them. Bah Humbug P and O. By creating child unfriendly ships you will never get the kids turned on to cruising at an early age.:mad:

I agree, the Pacific Sun's clients were generally families...what are they trying to do lose customers???

I like the expensive cruise ships as well but if I am travelling with my daughter or grandaughters I look for a ship that has the appropriate environment for them. Bah Humbug P and O. By creating child unfriendly ships you will never get the kids turned on to cruising at an early age.:mad:

Hi Karen,

I am not sure that P&O are turning their ships into Adult only style, just an adults only area. They have always promoted the family style cruising and as it's a growing industry I can't imagine them taking it away.

The waterslide was not all that great, perhaps they have done something more child friendly and more exciting. Shark Shack needed a bit on an upgrade and just looking at all of the changes that have happend that may have been a pretty good upgrade.

Wont' really know until we see it all, but rest assured I will be checking it all out.

Oh glenda, you crack me up. By all means keep using my photos, we could redesign a new ship. Have a great time on the cruise on saturday. I am sory i wont be able to wave all you guys off as we are going away this weekend. I will try to come down and wave you back the following week.

Kirsten,

Will keep and eye out for the waver back! Your photos are just wonderful and they make for perfect redesign images. Ah the fun I can have! :D

PMSL ROFL LMAO LOL (and any other acronyms for 'that was just TOO funny" :D:D)

pac_sun_funnel_slide.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D

I think its quite a shame the nightclub wasn't touched at all (as far as I know at this stage). It's the ugliest nightclub I have ever been in....

True that!! It's so GREEN :cool:

Meanwhile, the ship’s library has been refurbished, enabling it to transform at night into an elegant Steakhouse offering an intimate dining experience.

What happens now if you want to send emails at night???? Maybe I should email Kylie? hehehe :p

What happens now if you want to send emails at night???? Maybe I should email Kylie? hehehe :p

Jo, I'd hate you to stress the poor girl 3 days running. She will probably need the name of someone on the ship to confirm but the computers are apparently up by the entrance to the show lounge. So now not only will you be able to email but watch the shows as well.

Jo, I'd hate you to stress the poor girl 3 days running. She will probably need the name of someone on the ship to confirm but the computers are apparently up by the entrance to the show lounge. So now not only will you be able to email but watch the shows as well.

I think I know the spot you mean. That area is pretty much unused so it could fit the desks and computers in. It doesn't make it a very quiet or private area to email and surf the net from though. I'm looking forward to this tour so much, to see the changes!

As P&O are an eco friendly group and are into recycling and with the help of staff on the Doulos they were able to secure some pretty hefty computer equipment for the all new Seahorse internet lounge.

Note the help desk phone, a great new feature of the internet lounge.

pac_sun_internet.jpg

As P&O are an eco friendly group and are into recycling and with the help of staff on the Doulos they were able to secure some pretty hefty computer equipment for the all new Seahorse internet lounge.

Note the help desk phone, a great new feature of the internet lounge.

pac_sun_internet.jpg

Does the help desk phone will call Kylie Direct to let her know of the changes first hand? :p

Thanks for the the pics they have brightened the day somewhat for me.

Fi

Not a bad lot of responses :)

Not sure what i started here... people just keep adding to it lol.

However im glad that the message is out now... im sure if it wasnt me it would have been someone else... infact it was someone else as i did read it from cc... but it was like page 7 in some unrelated thread... i just wanted to shine some light on it... and i feel that is what happened lol

Keep up the good work ppl ;)

Archived