regarding the $169 photo deal ...

tiggersgrl

...are the photos taken just on formal night? Or are these pictures that they take during the entire cruise? For those of you who have purchased the package, was it worth it? I don't like a lot of candid shots of myself. I want to know when my picture is being taken! So I won't buy a bunch of pictures like that. ??

Hi Tiggersgirl, when we were on the Sun last year that had a photo package that several in our group bought it was a great deal and instead of ducking cameras all week One girl in our group wads always singing "hey camera man". i Thought I had read that they no longer had the picture package. Can I ask where you heard about it. I called NCL last week and asked if they still had it and he said yes, but I was sure he knew what I meant, you know, since I read it on these boards it MUST be true right:D

Hi Tiggersgirl, when we were on the Sun last year that had a photo package that several in our group bought it was a great deal and instead of ducking cameras all week One girl in our group wads always singing "hey camera man". i Thought I had read that they no longer had the picture package. Can I ask where you heard about it. I called NCL last week and asked if they still had it and he said yes, but I was sure he knew what I meant, you know, since I read it on these boards it MUST be true right:D

I had just read it a little while ago on this board. The lady who is on the Dream right now mentioned that they were selling it there ...

I'd like more details on the package if anyone has them.

Last week the price of the Pride of Aloha's picture package was $199 for any and all pictures that included anyone in your cabin. They also had a $174 package for a certain number of pictures. (not sure of the number but I know it was less than number at regular price) I sensed that the photo department is a contracted situation with NCL and pricing not being under the direct control of NCL. May be the reason that there are different prices on different ships and the inability for the rep to tell you more than that the packages are offered.

I am a professional photographer and have had long conversations with NCL photographers on past cruises, because I considered becomming a cruise photographer. They are all contracted through a company in NY. The photographers all have to provide all of their own equipment. The contracting agency and the cruise line each get a percentage of each sale The photographer gets the rest. After finding out how it all works, I decided that the pay for that much work was just not worth it. No wonder they are all young.

CSM

I don't understand why they couldn't give you pricing information. So it varies on each ship ... big deal. Shouldn't they have pricing applicable to each ship? Hmmm...interesting.
I think it might be a little more complicated than that. First, there are 10 or so different ships and some of those ships move to different itineraries every few months. Maybe the pricing information is available for each ship and each itinerary but the CS didn't have all the info right there or maybe it changes regularly?

Archived