Hotels in Bergen Norway

mlleach

You can find more listings on the official Bergen tourism site:

http://www.visitbergen.com/default.asp?sp=GB&p=50&layout=8&intro=1541_1&list=@ht$3&bhcp=1

Also, if you've never checked out tripadvisor.com, they have lots of hotel reviews from past travelers that can be quite useful (though it's difficult to search or narrow the choices by price range).

My advice is to book as early as possible, because hotels tend to fill quite early, especially in the summer months.

We spent one night in Bergen last August, and we ended up staying at the Grand Hotel Terminus. It was just across the street from the train station, but it was only a 5-10 minute walk down to the Fish Market and Bryggen. Hotels in Norway are ridiculously expensive, but this was the cheapest option we could find at the time (booked only 2-3 weeks before our trip). The hotel itself was pleasant with an old-world charm (lots of dark wood, a grand central staircase) that I enjoy, but that's certainly not for everyone!

Thanks for the link. I have learned that I would want to stay in the city center as that is near the port.

ML

In 2001 we stayed in the Hotel Admiral. It was very centrally located, and we were able to walk everywhere. We weren't on a cruise that year, so I don't know its proximity to the port or airport.

http://www.choicehotels.no/hotels/hotel?hotel=NO037

Archived